U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 07:36 AM

425 posts, read 509,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Oh okay, yeah you're right there at Sesquicentennial (surprised I spelled that right the first time lol). City Hikes? Hike up and down Assembly street, its a big rolling hill. I know little about hiking if you haven't noticed... What do you want out of a good hiking area? Sesquicentennial is right there for you. If you want serious uphill and downhill hiking, mountains style then Columbia probably doesn't have that.. Because there are no mountains. There are an assortment of options. You don't know unless you ride out there and hike it. What is a good and enjoyable trail to you, or a good hike?
the Great Falls Park near DC, Monte Sano mountain in Huntsville AL, Gambrill State Park in Frederick MD, that kind of thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 07:39 AM

9,612 posts, read 13,737,189 times
Sesquicentennial has peaks and valleys. In one place on one of the trails you'd swear you were in the mountains in a deep crevice.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:40 AM

9,612 posts, read 13,737,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
I am living in Columbia, Forest Acres area. I was taking about nearby city hikes rather than having to travel. Columbia does have some hills but I don't really think NE Columbia is a good hiking area, i'd be surprised if that park out there had any great trails. The Sandhills area remind me of the dunes at the beach which isn't really a desire place to hike.
Have your parents threatened to cut you off if you move?

Old 06-27-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
Have your parents threatened to cut you off if you move?
No, they live on Sullivan's island in a mansion. They fund me wherever I go, although when I decide to work, which I see as volunteerring and giving back to society that has blessed me, I don't ask that much from them.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:06 AM

1,531 posts, read 1,420,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
Sesquicentennial has peaks and valleys. In one place on one of the trails you'd swear you were in the mountains in a deep crevice.
See! ClemTiger, all that you want right there. Using some of your wording and syntax in past posts, I'll say this, "I just feel that Sesquicentennial has just as much, probably more than those other places that you've been to. I think and feel like you'd like Sesquicentennial more". Check it out man and let us know what you think.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
See! ClemTiger, all that you want right there. Using some of your wording and syntax in past posts, I'll say this, "I just feel that Sesquicentennial has just as much, probably more than those other places that you've been to. I think and feel like you'd like Sesquicentennial more". Check it out man and let us know what you think.
you are weird, brother. almost in a contrived sort of way.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonTiger45 View Post
No, they live on Sullivan's island in a mansion. They fund me wherever I go, although when I decide to work, which I see as volunteerring and giving back to society that has blessed me, I don't ask that much from them.
If I show you a really cool Ice cream place downtown, you wanna buy me some ice cream using your parents funds? I didn't get much ice cream as a kid... Stingy parents. Then we can go check out Finlay Park!

Old 06-27-2013, 08:09 AM

Lol right on, thanks for the honest remark. That's actually not the first time I've heard that today.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:40 AM

377 posts, read 593,489 times
There's some. I'm honestly not impressed at all with what Sesqui has to offer as far as hiking, but I also grew up near Huntsville in the mountains, so what I consider "hiking" is very nearly impossible to find here. The trails from the Riverbanks Gardens down to and alongside the river are pretty nice, if a little short, but for the most part it sounds like what you're looking for, you won't find here.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nin_man View Post
There's some. I'm honestly not impressed at all with what Sesqui has to offer as far as hiking, but I also grew up near Huntsville in the mountains, so what I consider "hiking" is very nearly impossible to find here. The trails from the Riverbanks Gardens down to and alongside the river are pretty nice, if a little short, but for the most part it sounds like what you're looking for, you won't find here.
that's my impresson too, Huntsville is great for hiking. That town doesn't get a lot of PR but it really is a nice place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area