U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2017, 08:44 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,501,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaClemsonFan11 View Post
Where did they say it was H&M? The way they are drumming this up my guess is it will be an Apple Store. That's by far the biggest retailer Columbia is missing and its always the one people point to the most when talking about retail in the area. I doubt the manager would be drumming this up as much if it was something different.
The clerk at Banana Republic told me H&M had been approved to come to Columbiana. It makes sense seeing as how Augusta Mall got one and is also owned by GGP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2017, 09:05 PM

616 posts, read 454,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCxpBrussel View Post
The clerk at Banana Republic told me H&M had been approved to come to Columbiana. It makes sense seeing as how Augusta Mall got one and is also owned by GGP.
That is the most awkward wording - H&M had been approved to come to Columbiana...

Old 04-11-2017, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo06 View Post
That is the most awkward wording - H&M had been approved to come to Columbiana...
That's how she put it, so that's how I quoted her. But yeah I agree.

Old 04-12-2017, 01:58 PM

13 posts, read 10,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
This is THE mall in Columbia and probably the destination of 95 percent of the local population when referencing that that are going to "the mall" so I donr believe it will perform poorly over the long term despite closings here and there of some stores...
They won't be going anywhere because all the other malls have almost shut down. Dutch Square, Richland Fashion and Columbia Mall. I hope they continue to add new stores! Most stores closing are the ones where the whole company has closed (The Limited, Wet Seal, Williams-Sonoma). I am just glad to see that they are able to fill those empty stores. That along is a great sign that the mall is doing good!

Old 04-12-2017, 02:04 PM

13 posts, read 10,426 times
Quote:
Haywood is a pretty good mall, but I wouldn't call it amazing. It looks terrible on the outside. It benefits from having two floors and therefore more room for retailers.

Banana Republic didn't want to leave Columbiana. I've heard a lot of other leases weren't renewed, and I bet this is leading up to the "big surprise" we heard about. Columbiana is always busy and is certainly not struggling, it's just changing the mix of stores. Whether the new mix will be "better" in our estimation remains to be seen.
The outside of Haywood may not look to appealing but they have done some upgrades on the inside. I just like the atmosphere and layout of Haywood mall. It looks clean on the inside.

I do like some of the upgrades of Columbiana also. That mall has come a long ways from the "old" feel to the "new" more open feel. Years and years ago I hated going to Columbiana because it seemed old looking. The carpet was worn out. But the new renovations of the store fronts and the lighting in the mall has really improved.

Old 04-13-2017, 06:58 AM

2,531 posts, read 3,056,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonSC2 View Post
They won't be going anywhere because all the other malls have almost shut down. Dutch Square, Richland Fashion and Columbia Mall. I hope they continue to add new stores! Most stores closing are the ones where the whole company has closed (The Limited, Wet Seal, Williams-Sonoma). I am just glad to see that they are able to fill those empty stores. That along is a great sign that the mall is doing good!
Williams-Sonoma has not closed company wide. They still have stores in Greenville and Charleston.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonSC2 View Post
The outside of Haywood may not look to appealing but they have done some upgrades on the inside. I just like the atmosphere and layout of Haywood mall. It looks clean on the inside.

I do like some of the upgrades of Columbiana also. That mall has come a long ways from the "old" feel to the "new" more open feel. Years and years ago I hated going to Columbiana because it seemed old looking. The carpet was worn out. But the new renovations of the store fronts and the lighting in the mall has really improved.
When did Columbiana feel cramped and have worn out carpet? Except for the addition of the Dillard's wing and standard routine cosmetic updates, the mall looks the same today as when it opened in the early 90s.

Old 05-20-2017, 05:40 PM

672 posts, read 2,024,415 times
Quote:
When did Columbiana feel cramped and have worn out carpet? Except for the addition of the Dillard's wing and standard routine cosmetic updates, the mall looks the same today as when it opened in the early 90s.
I think the poster meant the old Columbia Mall.

Old 05-21-2017, 01:51 PM

3,438 posts, read 4,309,232 times
The upcoming major announcement could be Cheesecake Factory or Apple Store. However it would be nice if they could add a Macy's store to the mall, as their current store is at an undesireable location. But there may not be space available at Columbiana, and apparently Macy's owns the real estate at their Columbia mall store. But they really should be in the nicer mall in Columbia. It was a mistake for Macy's not to takeover the old Sears space before Belk did.

Old 05-22-2017, 10:19 AM

127 posts, read 97,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
The upcoming major announcement could be Cheesecake Factory or Apple Store. H
Cheesecake Factory or PF Changs would be my guesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area