Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 01:11 PM

8,242 posts, read 13,360,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo06 View Post
Actually a Belk Store manager told me they are actually very intentional about building separate men's stores now.
Lol we men like to go straight to our section of the store and not spend time wandering looking for the mens dept. If im in an unfamiliar large dept store i will wander for a few minutes but unless a helpful associate is available to direct me....im out into the mall. The exception being if it is a high end store or one not in our region
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2017, 02:53 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
I thought Belk mens only stores were common. Anderson used to have one forever, but eventually combined them. Hilton Head has a separate mens store thats freestanding and new. Raleigh has one too. I swear I've seen them some other places as well. They may not be as common as I'm thinking, but I still thought it was a usual practice for them.

Old 06-01-2017, 07:07 PM

85 posts, read 91,193 times
Macy's has free standing men's only stores also. I shopped in them in Pittsburgh and Buffalo. It is a good concept IMHO.

Old 06-06-2017, 07:26 PM

4,601 posts, read 6,018,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I suppose there is not room for a Macy's store at Columbiana. But I wonder how long they will continue to operate at an inferior mall? They own their property there, but I wonder what their long term plans may be. That Macy's store originally opened as a Rich's dept. store, along with their location at Haywood Mall in Greenville.
There is a vacant anchor pad at the mall exit between JCP and Dillard's and room for future expansion I believe at Columbiana. Why haven't they taken advantage of it?

I always thought that Macys should move to the old Dillard's space at Richland Mall. That was a really nice large store. Wonder what Macys will do now that it's neighbor Sears # 1525 is closing according to the latest list today?

http://www.businessinsider.com/sears...ll-list-2017-6

Old 06-07-2017, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
There is a vacant anchor pad at the mall exit between JCP and Dillard's and room for future expansion I believe at Columbiana. Why haven't they taken advantage of it?

I always thought that Macys should move to the old Dillard's space at Richland Mall. That was a really nice large store. Wonder what Macys will do now that it's neighbor Sears # 1525 is closing according to the latest list today?

Sears is closing 72 stores ? here's the full list - Business Insider
The unfortunate thing is Columbia Place is not a bad looking mall....the interior is in good shape. The location (and the economics of malls) is what is killing it. If i were Richland County I would sit down with the ownership and come up with a plan for that entire site to include the similarly challenged strip mall in the rear....Together that is a HUGE site. To the extent that the County wants to make Decker Blvd the "downtown" of Richland County....it could be worth developing an incentive package that creates a mix use village of offices shops residential and light industrial spaces in a well designed town center.....it would be the Columbia Commons for the County. That said. Richland Mall Dutch Square and Sand Hills may cry foul but they are all better positioned to rebound than Columbia Place

Old 06-21-2017, 01:09 PM

746 posts, read 748,711 times
Does anyone know what they are building in the old sports authority building on Harbison Blvd?

Old 06-22-2017, 07:29 AM

68 posts, read 65,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo06 View Post
Does anyone know what they are building in the old sports authority building on Harbison Blvd?
Are you referring to the building where FootAction used to be? If so, that is being renovated for Havertys Furniture who is moving to Harbison from Colonial Life Blvd.

Havertys Furniture moves from Colonial Life Boulevard to Harbison Boulevard in former FootAction space | The State

Old 06-22-2017, 04:06 PM

542 posts, read 1,107,985 times
I saw BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse down the street, is coming along nicely. I hope they have a lot of good beers.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:45 AM

293 posts, read 826,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinmoz View Post
I saw BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse down the street, is coming along nicely. I hope they have a lot of good beers.
It's funny you mentioned this because I just read an article about a frog found in a salad at their West Covina location earlier today.

Old 06-23-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaSouth803 View Post
It's funny you mentioned this because I just read an article about a frog found in a salad at their West Covina location earlier today.

Hey its California.....maybe it was on the menu in the fine print......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area