Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 05:02 PM

422 posts, read 486,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaClemsonFan11 View Post
No no, I have been quite aware of your reasoning behind the counter I just chose to ignore it until this point just because I dont believe in crying racism in a situation that doesnt warrant it, just to get attention and stir the pot. Also why try my best to ignore Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton too. There is no hope for reasoning with you....none.

In other words, you don't have a cogent counterpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2013, 08:12 AM

1,521 posts, read 1,946,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
In other words, you don't have a cogent counterpoint.
If you choose to see it that way be my guest. I however choose to dismiss the illogical thought process of those who want to cry racism in situations where it is completely irrelevant and unwarranted. It does nothing more than create racial tension where none exists, and all in the name of "civil rights?" Open your eyes and look around, everyone is getting along! Take a trip down to Five Points and you'll see many law abiding interracial groups of friends and no one thinks anything of it until some hammerhead with a loud mouth and desperate need for attention wants to make everything about race. MLK's great vision of an America where all races get along and people really dont see race as a barrier any longer is here and its really disheartening to see people trying to get in the way of that and claim they are doing it the name of his teachings none the less.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:36 PM

15 posts, read 23,424 times
Quote:
There you going being obtuse again. I specifically said "a study that found that people (of all races) felt that clothes that look threatening on a black person look acceptable on people of other races. In other words, a black male dressed in a hoody comes off as more threatening than an Asian or Hispanic or white male dressed in the very same manner." Your reading comprehension leaves much to be desired.

So why are you making the argument for circumventing people's civil liberties and rights?
What proof do you have blacks are seen as more threatening for simply wearing a hoodie? I had never heard of this until the prosecution tried to argue that in the Trayvon Martin case.

Old 11-01-2013, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaClemsonFan11 View Post
If you choose to see it that way be my guest. I however choose to dismiss the illogical thought process of those who want to cry racism in situations where it is completely irrelevant and unwarranted. It does nothing more than create racial tension where none exists, and all in the name of "civil rights?" Open your eyes and look around, everyone is getting along! Take a trip down to Five Points and you'll see many law abiding interracial groups of friends and no one thinks anything of it until some hammerhead with a loud mouth and desperate need for attention wants to make everything about race. MLK's great vision of an America where all races get along and people really dont see race as a barrier any longer is here and its really disheartening to see people trying to get in the way of that and claim they are doing it the name of his teachings none the less.

How incredibly oblivious you are. Let's just ignore the fact that stop and frisk is not only unconstitutional but has been been proven to discriminate against minorities time and time again. Judges have already ruled it racially discriminatory but keep your head in the sand. That said, it's quite telling that you're focusing on just that one facet of my argument. Thou protest too much!

Your counter is so massively illogical. So a group of racially diverse friend= everyone is getting along and racism and doesn't exist. That is like saying because you see happy couples in love that means rape and sexism doesn't occur and there aren't man/woman hating people out there or a group of happy children means that all children are getting along and there isn't bullying.

Last edited by AddaVisser; 11-01-2013 at 05:46 PM..

Old 11-02-2013, 07:23 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,265,411 times
Don't look now but the ruling against stop and frisk policies has been thrown out and the activist judge that imposed them has been removed from the case. Maybe someone does actually care about the law abiding citizens.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexingtonDad View Post
Don't look now but the ruling against stop and frisk policies has been thrown out and the activist judge that imposed them has been removed from the case. Maybe someone does actually care about the law abiding citizens.

It hasn't been thrown out. It's been blocked and the block is likely to come off by the end of next week. And you do realize that 90% of the people stopped and frisked in that case were law abiding citizens?

Old 11-02-2013, 05:24 PM

13 posts, read 16,295 times
Default place of nuisance

When you get a Concealed Carry Permit you agree not to carry in a "place of nuisance". This includes bars that don't serve food, sporting events, etc...

Five Points is a "place of nuisance" due to the crimes happening and civil rights be damned. Forget profiling, search everyone on Fri & Sat nights! If you don't want to be searched, don't go there. I know it's a dream but that would be nice to have that happen with the warning of a police search in advance. I would start going back there and soliciting the businesses again in a heartbeat. These problems forced me to make the decision not to go there anymore. Frisk me and my family all you want as long as you do everyone else too.

I'll bet you would see a lack of some trouble making people if it was a "frisk everyone zone".

Old 11-02-2013, 05:53 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
You people are paranoid; why don't you stop and frisk everyone in Wildewood and see how that works out?

Old 11-03-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
How incredibly oblivious you are. Let's just ignore the fact that stop and frisk is not only unconstitutional but has been been proven to discriminate against minorities time and time again. Judges have already ruled it racially discriminatory but keep your head in the sand. That said, it's quite telling that you're focusing on just that one facet of my argument. Thou protest too much!

Your counter is so massively illogical. So a group of racially diverse friend= everyone is getting along and racism and doesn't exist. That is like saying because you see happy couples in love that means rape and sexism doesn't occur and there aren't man/woman hating people out there or a group of happy children means that all children are getting along and there isn't bullying.
You know what you win, talk to you after the next shooting in Five Points assuming I'm able to.

Old 11-03-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
You people are paranoid; why don't you stop and frisk everyone in Wildewood and see how that works out?
You really need to quit referring to a serious issue resulting in people fearing (or fighting) for there lives as "being paranoid."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area