U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,696 times

Advertisements

I am looking for the best daycare/preschool. I want a safe learning environment for my 3 year old daughter. We most likely be living in the Lexington area but I am willing to drive for the right school. We are moving from Ohio so I do not know the much about the area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 06:45 PM

726 posts, read 1,131,396 times
Lexington sucks, but in Lex, you might want to look at Lake Murray Child Development Center, Gateway, or Northside Baptist. I've heard good things about Covenant Christian in West Columbia and the Timmerman School in Forest Acres, which are in other parts of the metro.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:06 AM

40 posts, read 55,879 times
I'd appreciate recommendations in the NE/Denstville part of town. We've been looking for a while but haven't found anything we love yet.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:31 AM

973 posts, read 1,896,301 times
I have friends that have kids in both Northside Baptist's and Harvest churches daycare and they are both very complimentary of the programs. And since both of these are located in the Lexington area you know they are safe. My children were too old when we moved here for me to have any first hand experience but I can tell you that the schools in Lexington 1 are first rate and lots of folks move here to give their kids a positive educational environment.

Good luck on your move.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:15 AM

14 posts, read 13,365 times
Anne Pitts Child Development Center. It's on Andrew Corley. They've been there for years. There is plenty of room for kids to run around and get dirty. It's a great place.

Old 11-06-2013, 09:39 AM

1 posts, read 2,665 times
In Lexington we send our 2 year old daughter to Windsor Academy and really like it. They have an after school program as well that she'll transfer into once she gets to be that old (too soon!). My wife checked out reported incidents through some state agency and all the others in Lexington seemed to have serious issues (although the list was not specific). Windsor did have some issues but they were all paperwork related (instead of related to food prep, diaper changing area, etc).

Old 11-06-2013, 11:16 AM

89 posts, read 174,027 times
If you or your spouse is a federal employee or military, Fort Jackon has two or three daycare centers available to you. You won't have to worry about security at all there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area