Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 03:57 PM

1,101 posts, read 1,336,745 times

Advertisements

look both of you are partly wrong to a large degree, @waccamat the ACA needs a ton of tweaks and major changes in order to be viable, it's clearly not close yet as changes continue to be made because the original law written is untenable and your rhetoric about empathy not really fair either, the truth is neither party empathizes with the plight of the poor they just give lip service to it.

@Baker your inflammatory vitriol is also too hardcore too on the other side with your dem stereotyping and accusations of spewing talking points when you are doing the same. The rich if you looks at stats give to both parties pretty equally and on the other end of the spectrum it's also pretty evenly divided re: voting preferences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 04:00 PM

154 posts, read 244,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
look both of you are partly wrong to a large degree, @waccamat the ACA needs a ton of tweaks and major changes in order to be viable, it's clearly not close yet as changes continue to be made because the original law written is untenable and your rhetoric about empathy not really fair either, the truth is neither party empathizes with the plight of the poor they just give lip service to it.

@Baker your inflammatory vitriol is also too hardcore too on the other side with your dem stereotyping and accusations of spewing talking points when you are doing the same. The rich if you looks at stats give to both parties pretty equally and on the other end of the spectrum it's also pretty evenly divided re: voting preferences.
Stop lecturing me, douchebag. ACA Is never going to be viable, only an Obama fan boy would say that chit. You are a leftwinger, stop triangulating on here.

Inflammatory rhetoric is saying O-Care sucks and pointing out a fact most people's premiums ahve gone up , they are losing their plans and doctors, and some have lost their jobs or had their hours reduced? Meanwhile City Data is insulted Haley out of the blue for no logical reason. Somehow he jsut knows she hates the poor. Because the Democrats really improve the poor people's lives or something. lol

Old 12-22-2013, 04:02 PM

Default Actually Bob I'm a moderate Republican

Chris Christie/Jon Huntsman 2016 would be my ideal ticket.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
lol, more like moderate Democrat.

If you look at both of their records, they rarely deviate from Democrat orthodoxy.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:08 PM

Bob lemme guess, you think Ted Cruz/Rand Paul ticket is viable? ROFL.

Take a look at the 2016 polls even within our party:
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination

Old 12-22-2013, 04:17 PM

12,889 posts, read 18,744,346 times
Quote:
Flip it.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:19 PM

@data that'd work for me, he'd be great, but then we'd have no chance of winning.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:21 PM

12,889 posts, read 18,744,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBaker View Post
Actually liberal Democrats want poor people to stay poor because that is the kind of people attracted to their message. If people don't need government Santa Claus than Democrat party goes away

You like slandering Republicans, pretty sure nothing you said about Haley is true.
Republicans didn't even cross my mind when I posted that, only Lexingtonians, and sometimes you've got to loosen up and let some local river-squabble satire soak into your psyche. But you know, I'm starting to like you.

Old 12-22-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Bob lemme guess, you think Ted Cruz/Rand Paul ticket is viable? ROFL.

Take a look at the 2016 polls even within our party:
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - 2016 Republican Presidential Nomination
I don't think Christie is viable across the country. He'll be worse than Romney in my view. What is he conservative on these days?

John Huntsman is one of the most unlikeable politicians to come around in a long time. You think he is going to attract conservative voters? You don't seem to think Republicans need conservatives. How has that worked out the past two election cycles?

I do think Ted Cruz is viable. He's a good speaker and he's likeable and he is cleary associated with opposition to Obamacare which in case you haven't noticed b/ c you are a dumbazz isn't popular.

Huntsman is going to bring us what Utah? llike that is in doubt. dude has no personality. he seems ambigiously gay too

Old 12-22-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
Republicans didn't even cross my mind when I posted that, only Lexingtonians, and sometimes you've got to loosen up and let some local river-squabble satire soak into your psyche. But you know, I'm starting to like you.
lol, yeah you weren't being political. why would I think a gay leftwinger would hate Haley and sneer about how republicans hate the poor. it isn't like you guys ever do this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area