Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2014, 04:09 AM

17 posts, read 29,635 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all,

I recently moved to SC from Vermont, see how I'm doing with the y'all thing?

Back home, I've played on countless teams, and always had a great time. I've played in men's leagues, but I also love playing in coed leagues. I wanted to ask everybody if they knew of any local leagues that aren't overly competitive? I can't stand playing on a team that's too competitive, it takes the fun out of it.

OR, if anyone is currently on a team and looking for additional players, let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 06:45 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,130,435 times
Check with your church. I play in a church league every year. We have a blast. Not too competative. Mostly a bunch of old farts like myself. Usually starts in April.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:57 AM

Well, I'm not really a church person.. I wouldn't be opposed to playing on a church team, but that's not really a viable option for me. Thanks for the input though

Old 01-07-2014, 07:09 AM

730 posts, read 1,401,153 times
Call the local rec department to see what's going on. As for church league, most times they allow 2 non members per team.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:50 PM

Good suggestion. If anyone knows of any teams looking, let me know!

Old 01-09-2014, 07:39 AM

730 posts, read 1,401,153 times
Try Oak Grove, Pine Grove, and Ball Park Road in Lexington. There's some type of tournaments and games every week. If you want to venture further out, there's always leagues at Citizens Park in Aiken and I know of a wood bat league at Riverview Park in North Augusta. Those are within an hour drive.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:33 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,015,532 times
i know back in Wi, besides the city rec leagues we also had countless "bar" leagues out in the rural areas. Nothing like a bunch of "stocky" farm boys in a slow pitch league smacking it over the fence and enjoying a cold one after they tap home plate lol.

Seriously though, they did do a lot of summer weekend tourneys and at festivals, and some were very competitive. I know SC isnt quite like WI concerning the tavern counts, but do the small towns maybe offer up something for the OP to consider down here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area