U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-07-2007, 04:45 PM

27 posts, read 70,821 times

Advertisements

We may be moving to the Columbia area in the next 6 mos. My husband's job would take him into Columbia. I want to know about safe neighborhoods/towns, that can accomodate my family. I'd like a 4 bdroom home (Large dog, 4 kids, and I am a DIYer) room to run and safety for one of my children who is a spec needs child. I LOVE older, historic homes, but will do without if necessary. I am assuming smaller towns would have these amenities, but I'm not sure. I do not like to shop. I do like to garden and I love to make and hear gorgeous music. (ie. early music, etc.) Is there a fit out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 06:46 PM

4,964 posts, read 8,451,860 times
Check out Camden, there would be a plethora of historic homes to choose from. A second choice might be Ridgeway.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:41 PM

7,018 posts, read 11,062,623 times
You may want to have a look at Chapin or the Dutch Fork area in Irmo/Columbia. They are in the Lex/Richland 5 district and have a wonderful special needs program. One of my coworkers has a special needs daughter and that's why they stay in this school district.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:38 PM

6 posts, read 18,521 times
Default Columbia Area

A nice neighborhood on the outsirts of the City of Columbia (17 miles to downtown) is the Ballentine Area. Milford Park is a beautiful subdivision with a community pool/cabana. Traditional Houses ranges from the low 200's to around 280's. Taxes are LOW! The schools are top rated. Kids can walk to Ballentine Elementary. The other schools are Dutch Fork Middle and Dutch Fork High. The school district is Lexington/Richland 5. Only a short trip to beautiful Lake Murray.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area