Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2019, 02:52 AM

2,132 posts, read 2,273,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Fingers crossed on this one. Being a retailer that's completely new to the market would probably be a bit much to hope for, no?
It wouldn’t be- if what you mean is the Columbia market. It’d be the second in the S.C. market. I can’t say what it is, but it’s on the level of Apple as far as it’s particular niche of products go (or that’s how he put it). It’s neat, but I didn’t exactly celebrate and do cartwheels when I was told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 03:19 AM

6,830 posts, read 16,563,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Yup. I didn’t get details but it’s a big name, ground up retail. Probably an anchor.
Maybe Macy's will move downtown from Columbia Place or maybe an urban Target. Either would be good. I'd even be content with a downtown Home Depot. If it was a Nordstrom, I'd really do a happy dance.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:12 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
It wouldn’t be- if what you mean is the Columbia market. It’d be the second in the S.C. market. I can’t say what it is, but it’s on the level of Apple as far as it’s particular niche of products go (or that’s how he put it). It’s neat, but I didn’t exactly celebrate and do cartwheels when I was told.
So it wouldn't be a retailer new to the Columbia market but would be the second location in SC? So this means the retailer's first and now upcoming second location in SC would both be in Columbia, it's something on Apple's level, but it's not really all that exciting from your perspective? This doesn't compute for me.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
So it wouldn't be a retailer new to the Columbia market but would be the second location in SC? So this means the retailer's first and now upcoming second location in SC would both be in Columbia, it's something on Apple's level, but it's not really all that exciting from your perspective? This doesn't compute for me.
Haha no, FIRST in Columbia. Second overall in SC. I think what’s most exciting is it will be new construction. Not somewhere I’d shop though.

What I meant was it wouldn’t be too much to hope for as far as it being new to Cola market.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Maybe Macy's will move downtown from Columbia Place or maybe an urban Target. Either would be good. I'd even be content with a downtown Home Depot. If it was a Nordstrom, I'd really do a happy dance.
Haha yeah Nordstrom would be neat, I could see you being happy about that. I still think Apple would be the pinnacle of happiness for most; but maybe one day.

Old 03-24-2019, 08:33 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
Quote:
Haha no, FIRST in Columbia. Second overall in SC. I think what’s most exciting is it will be new construction. Not somewhere I’d shop though.

What I meant was it wouldn’t be too much to hope for as far as it being new to Cola market.
Ahhhh! Thanks for clearing it up...sounds exciting! Lately a few chains have been choosing Columbia for their first or second locations in the state which is a change from previous trends.

Old 03-24-2019, 03:37 PM

23 posts, read 12,428 times
Bet it's H&M. Would be nice synergy demographically to lure an Apple Store as well.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:17 PM

23 posts, read 12,428 times
I see an Urban Target locating there eventually as well as a higher end grocery store with apartments above. Downtown is at a tipping point and one significant retailer could be the gateway to a few more retailers and restaurants locating there and so on. I was not a fan of the city's significant investment in Columbia Commons but believe that this development will eventually take off more or less organically especially with the medical cluster that seems to be in the planning stages mid to long term.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:40 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Quote:

LEGO store. There’s only one in S.C. currently. Makes sense.

Old 03-24-2019, 04:42 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,845,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoOne View Post
Bet it's H&M. Would be nice synergy demographically to lure an Apple Store as well.
That would make it the 5th or 6th H&M in the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area