Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 07:30 AM

135 posts, read 167,008 times

Advertisements

If you are staying in the downtown/Forest Acres area the best schools to be zoned for in my opinion would be Satchel Ford/Brennan/Rosewood Elementary Crayton/Hand Middle and Flora/Dreher High school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 AM

101 posts, read 187,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
If you are staying in the downtown/Forest Acres area the best schools to be zoned for in my opinion would be Satchel Ford/Brennan/Rosewood Elementary Crayton/Hand Middle and Flora/Dreher High school.
I second that, and the only thing I would add is that A.C. Moore is a another possibility. Its greatschools.org rankings aren't great, which steered me away from considering that particular school when we moved here. However, I know several people with children there and they love it. I understand that it has a large international population of students, so many of them are ESL and that affects test scores. Apparently, many USC international staff send their children there.

Old 04-24-2014, 08:46 AM

77 posts, read 110,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmettosc View Post
thank you these suggestions

Old 04-25-2014, 09:53 AM

77 posts, read 110,355 times
I think I found a nice area with the schools suggested and not too expensive

Columbia Apartments for Rent - 31 Rentals - Zillow

Click image for larger version

Name:	sc.png
Views:	176
Size:	294.2 KB
ID:	128904

Am I right???

Old 04-25-2014, 10:49 AM

101 posts, read 187,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drea84 View Post

Attachment 128904

Am I right???
Some of those houses are in nice, safe neighborhoods, some not so much. There can be wide variations in the same zip code. If you're looking for a Rosewood home, I would generally search between Rosewood Dr. on the north, the airport on the south, Harden on the west and Kilbourne on the east. The closer you are the Harden the more likely you'll be zoned for A.C. Moore instead of Rosewood Elementary. As I noted before, I know several people with children and A.C. Moore and they love it, despite the lower school rating on greatschools.org.

Also, you can check any potential address on the Richland One school zone locator--http://vtweb.richlandone.org/elinkrp/Students/BasicTransBoundarySearch.aspx.

Satchel Ford, Brennan and Rosewood are all very good elementary schools; I would avoid Kilbourne and Bradley Elementary.

Also, no way could I live in a 1 bathroom house with five people. You know your family best, but I would think not having at least 1.5 baths would be a nightmare.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:03 AM

258 posts, read 468,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drea84 View Post

Attachment 128904

Am I right???
That house would be zoned for South Kilbourne Elementary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area