Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2016, 07:38 PM

421 posts, read 574,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r10000 View Post
A sign that says 'The Shoppes at Bella Farm' opening Spring of next year was posted on Dutch Fork Rd in Ballentine/White Rock next to the Corner Pantry/Shell gas station. Finally, some business opening up in this area because the only development in that area has been subdivisions, subdivisions...........

They'll have to widen the road a little and put some turn lanes because that part of Dutch Fork Rd has only 2 lanes.
The road widening is scheduled for 2018.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 08:30 PM

100 posts, read 144,784 times
If you are referring to the widening referred in the Penny Tax, that part of Dutch Fork Rd(76) is not included from what I see in the Penny Tax site. That widening is 76 from Royal Tower Rd to the Peak Exit. But I hope you are right, Dutch Fork Rd badly needs widening.

Old 07-24-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
If you are referring to the widening referred in the Penny Tax, that part of Dutch Fork Rd(76) is not included from what I see in the Penny Tax site. That widening is 76 from Royal Tower Rd to the Peak Exit. But I hope you are right, Dutch Fork Rd badly needs widening.

Guess I'm wrong. So the road that Walmart and CVS are on will not be widened to four lanes but the road with a few houses and an old bar will be widened?

Old 07-25-2016, 05:49 PM

Not in the near future. I went also to a Penny Sales Tax meeting in Ballentine Community Center in April and they said that was not part of the plan to widen Dutch Fork Rd that Walmart and CVS are on but that road that leads to the Peak exit.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Not in the near future. I went also to a Penny Sales Tax meeting in Ballentine Community Center in April and they said that was not part of the plan to widen Dutch Fork Rd that Walmart and CVS are on but that road that leads to the Peak exit.

Sounds like someone didn't think that through or misjudge how many people will eventually live off of Dutch Fork road.

I know that a good five plus years ago there were rumors to put low income apartments behind the old evergreens on the peak exit. I believe it fell through due to flooding in that area. There's been a for sale sign since on that land. you can see where they cleared off all that land on google earth

Old 07-28-2016, 05:03 PM

..or pork barreling at its worst. It seems so much of the Penny Tax projects are biased towards NE and downtown Columbia. At the meeting, some complained how can Richland County approve subdivisions here in NW Richland County but the road infrastructure is not good enough to handle all the new traffic that comes with more residents. Also, that we pay high taxes and this area, but not many road projects dedicated to this area.

Old 07-28-2016, 05:18 PM

542 posts, read 1,107,583 times
I'm with you brother, this is flat out ridiculous over here between Irmo and Chapin. More crap added everyday, nothing done about the roads. Those dumb asses already lowered the speed limit from 55 to 45 on 76, and now it's more of a nightmare then ever. The slowest drivers on the planet, are on 76, just lolly gagging on their way. No one of importance must have to drive the routes I have to, working on the lake. Venting, done for the day.

Old 08-05-2016, 01:40 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,845,837 times
Was at target on garners ferry and passed a sign that said hickory tavern was opening up in the old cicis space which would be there second location in Columbia.

Old 08-23-2016, 02:52 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,031,773 times
The Pot Smoker (lol), a North Augusta barbecue restaurant, is opening its second location in the former Mamas and the Tapas space next to The Flying Saucer in the Vista.

The Pot Smoker BBQ to open in Columbia next to Flying Saucer in The Vista | The State

Old 08-23-2016, 03:52 PM

1,101 posts, read 1,337,460 times
The bigger deal Vista restaurant news is the reveal of Aloft hotel's ground floor tenant, Camden's top restauraunt:

Salud Mexican Kitchen and Tequila Lounge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area