Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2017, 11:04 AM

306 posts, read 389,278 times

Advertisements

I didn't realize this, but it appears that the group that owns Harpers has opened "1801 Grille" in the new 700 Lincoln across from the Colonial Life Arena. It is now open.

https://m.facebook.com/1801Grille/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 08:46 AM

511 posts, read 423,823 times
Ten Ten at Clemson/Hardscrable has new owners. They now have a pretty full Vietnamese menu in addition to the original chinese menu. They have the same kitchen crew. I have been a couple times now. Pho and other good stuff. The fresh spring roll is made when you order.

I still like Pho Viet on Decker, but now Ten Ten is only a few minutes from my house.

One thing I have frequently complained about is the Columbia locals only want wings from the asian joints. This owner has updated the interier to make it easier to dine in. But still locals like to take out. I expect so they can avoid paying a tip, but who knows.

They are closed on Tuesdays and Open on the other days.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:20 AM

1,100 posts, read 1,323,042 times
Bustling Five Points Addressing Problem Areas | Growth & Development | free-times.com

Article teases announcements coming shortly on long vacant Harden retail spotd

Old 03-09-2017, 07:41 AM

1,133 posts, read 931,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
Bustling Five Points Addressing Problem Areas | Growth & Development | free-times.com

Article teases announcements coming shortly on long vacant Harden retail spotd
That abandoned house property what'd you think will be place the of the city has it torn down?

A mixed used property maybe? It would add more stores and living down there to that spot.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:35 PM

8,130 posts, read 13,177,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Growingup15 View Post
That abandoned house property what'd you think will be place the of the city has it torn down?

A mixed used property maybe? It would add more stores and living down there to that spot.

That place is bizarre for sure.. looks like something out of the old south in some rural county. I am sure the property is worth $$$. It must be tied up in some type of heirs dispute and they cannot find or cite the legal owner.. That said, if its condemned the City should be able to take it down and place a lien on the property without solving any domestic lawsuits. SC is a pro property rights state so.. maybe some law is preventing the City from taking action.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:52 PM

1,100 posts, read 1,323,042 times
Default ya it's been like that for like a decade too

it'd be hard to reuse the property b/c of that steep grade so even if they could condemn and raze it, you'd still have to dig down and grade it to make it useable

Old 03-15-2017, 08:11 PM

210 posts, read 231,935 times
The Two notch Rd O'Charleys is now closed but that location in still in a prime area

Old 03-21-2017, 07:50 AM

511 posts, read 423,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalzelldragon View Post
The Two notch Rd O'Charleys is now closed but that location in still in a prime area
Seems we have a few open buildings in that area around there. Carrabas closed recently and the Doc-in-the-box that was in the old Hollywood Video store.

Not sure there is much hope for a mid level restaurant in our area. If they aren't a take out wings place, no real way to survive in this crappy area. Retail seems to be doing better.

Old 11-14-2017, 08:43 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,822,466 times
The best Mexican Restaurant (my opinion) in the midlands is opening a new location.

Mexican restaurant to open in Columbia' Rosewood neighborhood | The State

Old 11-21-2017, 03:34 PM

210 posts, read 231,935 times
I notice alot of work has been going on at the old piggly wiggly building on Garner's Ferry. Hopefully another supermarket had bought that location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area