Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2014, 04:40 PM

3 posts, read 2,330 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone.

Before I'm gonna ask my question, first I want to you give some background information. I'm from Germany and I recently graduated in International Business (BBA). I have 2 years of internship experience and I have studied in Asia for 1 semester. Also, I am fluent in 3 languages and I speak American English without an accent.

I will be moving to the US next year and my fiancée is from Columbia. Considering the economy, I know that it is not easy to find a job. However, maybe someone on this forum can give me an indication of what the chances are for someone with a background like mine. More specifically, an entry level job in an international business related field. How is the current economic situation in Columbia and what are my chances as a prospective immigrant? I would appreciate any insight, experience, and advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2014, 04:58 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,845,413 times
Columbia in all honesty is not the most international city so international business probably won't be the easiest thing to get in to. Just business jobs is the thing you will have the easiest getting in to.Just a quick search on indeed.com comes up with:

International Business Jobs, Employment in Columbia, SC | Indeed.com

Business Jobs, Employment in Columbia, SC | Indeed.com

Old 07-06-2014, 08:18 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,562,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevRobinson View Post
Hi everyone.

Before I'm gonna ask my question, first I want to you give some background information. I'm from Germany and I recently graduated in International Business (BBA). I have 2 years of internship experience and I have studied in Asia for 1 semester. Also, I am fluent in 3 languages and I speak American English without an accent.

I will be moving to the US next year and my fiancée is from Columbia. Considering the economy, I know that it is not easy to find a job. However, maybe someone on this forum can give me an indication of what the chances are for someone with a background like mine. More specifically, an entry level job in an international business related field. How is the current economic situation in Columbia and what are my chances as a prospective immigrant? I would appreciate any insight, experience, and advice!
Which 3 languages do you speak?

Old 07-07-2014, 01:54 PM

3 posts, read 2,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Which 3 languages do you speak?
Other than English I am fluent in German, Dutch, and Arabic.

Old 07-07-2014, 05:30 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,562,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevRobinson View Post
Other than English I am fluent in German, Dutch, and Arabic.
I bet the state department of commerce or USC could use someone with those qualifications.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:57 PM

55 posts, read 68,924 times
You might consider looking for employment in Charlotte. There is more big business there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
View detailed profiles of: