Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 04:56 PM

120 posts, read 149,701 times

Advertisements

Has anyone tried East Coast Pizzeria at Village At Sandhill. It is where Brixx used to be. I want some opinions before I make a trek out to Sandhill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 07:32 AM

744 posts, read 747,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman321 View Post
Has anyone tried East Coast Pizzeria at Village At Sandhill. It is where Brixx used to be. I want some opinions before I make a trek out to Sandhill.
I wouldn't waste your time. Went there a little while back and it was awful. Service was terrible. Took almost 30 minutes for the server to tell us that they had to remake our pizza for some reason. She didn't return to the table for another 10 minutes. Finally when she did come, she asked if we wanted a to-go box when our pizza was done. She then threw it on our table and gave us the bill (full price, including drinks).

I got the owners number on the way out from another server. When I called and asked to speak with him, someone yelled "hey [name of owner], someone wants to talk to you, are you busy." The person on the other end then proceeded to tell me that the owner was too busy to talk to me.

The pizza was also not very good...

Old 10-21-2014, 02:55 PM

678 posts, read 799,182 times
How's the village at Sandhills doing in general ? The place has potential I always thought.. Looks pretty. But was never overly impressed with the actual stores/restaurants there. Is it still headed kind of down hill or has it been reenergized by the more stable economy in recent years ? Probably haven't been there in 2 years or so.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:41 PM

1,802 posts, read 2,029,916 times
I agree it is attractive and has potential, but there are a remarkable number of empty storefronts. I have not heard of any noteworthy retailers coming in, either.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:47 PM

By the way.. I tried Michael's pizza. Pretty good. The crust is perhaps a little different from what I'm used to. Not overly thick, but not thin. Kind of almost has a corn breadish texture??

If I had to compare it to another pizza ive had it would be Amy's kitchen spinach pizza, which I also like.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo06 View Post
I wouldn't waste your time. Went there a little while back and it was awful. Service was terrible. Took almost 30 minutes for the server to tell us that they had to remake our pizza for some reason. She didn't return to the table for another 10 minutes. Finally when she did come, she asked if we wanted a to-go box when our pizza was done. She then threw it on our table and gave us the bill (full price, including drinks).

I got the owners number on the way out from another server. When I called and asked to speak with him, someone yelled "hey [name of owner], someone wants to talk to you, are you busy." The person on the other end then proceeded to tell me that the owner was too busy to talk to me.

The pizza was also not very good...
Thanks, sounds like I will be saving gas this weekend.

Old 10-22-2014, 03:57 PM

My pizza rank is

1. Mellow mushroom
2. Al amir
3. Pizza joint

Old 10-22-2014, 06:35 PM

42 posts, read 48,744 times
Be careful where ya get your opinions from on this one!!!!!

If the sauce comes out of a can for their recipe.......then their WRONG! Hell, I think LaBraska's is cooked on a damn conveyor belt.

Raised upstate NY, later moved to Yonkers, Mount Vernon, and the Bronx, and hand's down Nicky's Pizzeria downtown has the best recipe and some bomb ass Stromboli in Columbia. The owner in a Yonkers native and she does a student or Military discount. Ultra thin crust, its what you have been missing.

Get ya a slice of home!

Old 10-22-2014, 07:49 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,557,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad1140 View Post
Be careful where ya get your opinions from on this one!!!!!

If the sauce comes out of a can for their recipe.......then their WRONG! Hell, I think LaBraska's is cooked on a damn conveyor belt.

Raised upstate NY, later moved to Yonkers, Mount Vernon, and the Bronx, and hand's down Nicky's Pizzeria downtown has the best recipe and some bomb ass Stromboli in Columbia. The owner in a Yonkers native and she does a student or Military discount. Ultra thin crust, its what you have been missing.

Get ya a slice of home!
I've never even heard of Nicky's - where is it?

Old 10-24-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
I've never even heard of Nicky's - where is it?

It's in Five Points on Greene St. Near MLK Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area