Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2016, 06:05 AM

1,172 posts, read 2,530,243 times

Advertisements

Lidl, the German no frills grocer, reportedly coming to Richland and Lexington counties. I have shopped in Lidl in England, they have very good prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2016, 10:40 PM

117 posts, read 183,713 times
Great news for Lexington and Icehouse project. Could not have picked a better restaurant for this location

Alodia's Italian to open location on Main Street in Lexington | The State

Old 10-18-2016, 01:13 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,843,640 times
MOD Pizza and Tijuana Flats are coming to Lexington Marketplace.

MOD Pizza and Tijuana Flats to open locations in Lexington Marketplace on Sunset Boulevard | The State

Old 10-19-2016, 09:18 AM

58 posts, read 131,225 times
Checked out Icehouse this past weekend and was very impressed, job well done by Lexington. Also nice additions to Lexington Marketplace with two good eateries. Anyone have any idea if additional retailer are supposed to go into shopping center where Lowe's Food is going (on 378 and Hope Ferry)? I would assume so as its a big piece of land but can't remember seeing anything else about it.

Now Lexington Mayor and City Council need to put some real focus into traffic solutions. Whether it be pushing another penny tax (or heck a 1/2 cent tax) or drumming up more affordable solutions they can do with current budget $.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:08 AM

7 posts, read 8,617 times
A few years back there was talk of a new movie Theatre and possibly some sort of mall off 378... It would be so nice not having to go to harbison so much just to see a good movie.

Old 11-22-2016, 12:38 AM

2,130 posts, read 2,270,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melaniipon View Post
I almost got excited about the new post... XD

Anything new about what will be at the corner of Old Barnwell and Old Orangeburg near Red Bank/Lexington? o.o
Welp, it looks as if Red Bank will be opening an exotic, wondrous new Exxon gas station at Old Barnwell and Old Orangeburg. wow

Old 11-22-2016, 08:12 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,217,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAredbank View Post
A few years back there was talk of a new movie theatre and possibly some sort of mall off 378... It would be so nice not having to go to Harbison so much just to see a good movie.
Movie theaters are having a difficult time filling seats. Higher admission and concession prices have turned away business. Larger theater chains opening additional locations at the present is unlikely at the present.

Old 11-22-2016, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nausikaa View Post
Lidl, the German no frills grocer, reportedly coming to Richland and Lexington counties. I have shopped in Lidl in England, they have very good prices.
Lidl will give Aldi competition in the limited assortment/discount grocery segment and may help take business away from struggling supermarkets BI-LO and Food Lion.

Old 11-22-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Welp, it looks as if Red Bank will be opening an exotic, wondrous new Exxon gas station at Old Barnwell and Old Orangeburg. wow
Exxon usually has good fuel products. Some locations have abnormally high prices, and other locations have market prices. I hope another gas station provides another option for fuel and helps keep prices low.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:53 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,717,749 times
I shopped Aldi in Europe as it had more selections than many other grocery stores. In the US their selections are very limited (and non name) so they have never interested me other than an occasional stop if they are having an international food sale like German products around Oktoberfest.

Bottom line is i can do quite well without Aldi and Lidl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area