Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 10:49 PM

306 posts, read 393,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golffan21 View Post
Anyone have any idea whats going in next to the Lowest Home Improvement Store on 378? That is a big piece of land so must be decent sized store.
I'm pretty sure I saw that it will be a planet fitness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 06:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,094 times
Lexington is getting a lot of new businesses. They have some amazing restaurants if you are a foodie.

Old 09-03-2017, 08:11 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woffordchick View Post
Lexington is getting a lot of new businesses. They have some amazing restaurants if you are a foodie.
I agree Lexington has some very good restaurants but I would say little to nothing that are "amazing".

Old 09-03-2017, 10:49 AM

1,101 posts, read 1,336,173 times
Ya nobody disputes the Richland County has way better restaurants than Lexington

Old 09-03-2017, 10:02 PM

117 posts, read 183,739 times
Private Property is definitely Amazing. Libby's has great food and NOT a chain. Same for Sapori plus great atmosphere there. There are more than normal amount of non chain restaraunts with good food in Lexington and Main St set to have Cafe Strudel and Alodia's in near future which are both pretty amazing (and all restaraunts I've named are within a mile of each other). Obviously though can't compete with Richland County as downtown Columbia is a different catergory all together and no way they should really even be compared imo

Old 09-04-2017, 06:27 AM

5 posts, read 9,978 times
Default Alodia's in January

I was at Alodia's in Irmo a few nights ago and our waitress said they are planning for a January opening in Lexington. YAAA!

Old 09-04-2017, 07:28 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonatco View Post
Private Property is definitely Amazing. Libby's has great food and NOT a chain. Same for Sapori plus great atmosphere there. There are more than normal amount of non chain restaraunts with good food in Lexington and Main St set to have Cafe Strudel and Alodia's in near future which are both pretty amazing (and all restaraunts I've named are within a mile of each other). Obviously though can't compete with Richland County as downtown Columbia is a different catergory all together and no way they should really even be compared imo
Great news on Alodia's. While I frequent Cafe Strudel, I just do not think it will draw as eclectic a crowd as the one on State St, West Col. That crowd is part of what makes Cafe Strudel unique. Suburban housewife's in monstrous SUV's is just not the same crowd.....LOL

Old 09-04-2017, 08:47 AM

6,830 posts, read 16,557,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Great news on Alodia's. While I frequent Cafe Strudel, I just do not think it will draw as eclectic a crowd as the one on State St, West Col. That crowd is part of what makes Cafe Strudel unique. Suburban housewife's in monstrous SUV's is just not the same crowd.....LOL
That's exactly what I was thinking.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:55 PM

117 posts, read 183,739 times
It is true that there will be a more eclectic vibe on state street and that certainly is part of it but the food is off the charts good and I personally don't have a problem with eating great food in the burbs with a whoever wants to be there. For me, it's all about that Pre-game. I'll eat it anywhere, any time and be very happy in my surroundings while eating it. Alodia's also as good as it gets

Old 10-17-2017, 06:23 PM

160 posts, read 140,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agsimpkins View Post
I'm hearing unconfirmed rumors that the corner west of Lexington across from Publix and BiLo where the odd lot that sells outbuildings, palm trees and a bunch of other stuff is under contract to a German firm. I had originally heard Aldi (which would be a dream come true for me!) but the German connection makes me wonder if it could be Lidl. Hard to imagine ANOTHER grocery store with those two and the new Lowe's so nearby, but it would fill a gap in the price plan for this area. Anyone have any info on this?
Two sources have said to us ALDI Nord, which is Trader Joes. Hard to believe but then again when Publix(Hendrix Crossing) was rumored years ago we were skeptical of that location. They certainly knew what they were doing and have been very successful. More single family and multi family developments will soon be under construction nearby and the large new middle school down 378 will generate additional traffic by that location
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area