Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 08:51 AM

5,620 posts, read 5,765,662 times

Advertisements

Remove one, remove them ALL! But then someone would moan about that. You cant please everybody! While we are at it, lets fill in Stumphouse, resink the Hunley, rename all our to NOT include the names of people, close Cowpens,...... (Need I go on?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 06:43 PM

37,796 posts, read 41,526,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Remove one, remove them ALL! But then someone would moan about that. You cant please everybody! While we are at it, lets fill in Stumphouse, resink the Hunley, rename all our to NOT include the names of people, close Cowpens,...... (Need I go on?)
Yes, go on; you're on a roll.

Old 07-20-2015, 09:19 PM

2,123 posts, read 2,244,785 times
I don't know about anybody else, but I spotted an article in the editorial section of the newspaper today that was eerily similar to the first post of this thread

So Coladata, how come you got glamour shot and none of the other authors of their opinion pieces didn't? Lol

Old 07-20-2015, 10:17 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,488,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
I don't know about anybody else, but I spotted an article in the editorial section of the newspaper today that was eerily similar to the first post of this thread

So Coladata, how come you got glamour shot and none of the other authors of their opinion pieces didn't? Lol
He got more cred when he moved to Charleston.

Old 07-21-2015, 08:13 AM

12,747 posts, read 18,558,385 times
smithgn and waccamatt, I wondered and thought the same things. I guess anytime the editors of The State can have anyone from Charleston call anything in Columbia beautiful in their newspaper, they jump on it. I'm pretty sure they know I only recently moved here. I say that because of how often I contacted them over the 31 years I lived in Columbia.

Old 07-21-2015, 09:33 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,384,440 times
A reflection pool/fountain would be nice, but no one is gonna pay for that: taxpayers or private. Now a slip and slide perhaps...

Old 07-21-2015, 09:37 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,384,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateJohn View Post
Geez calm down before you pop a vein.

Old 07-21-2015, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestondata View Post
smithgn and waccamatt, I wondered and thought the same things. I guess anytime the editors of The State can have anyone from Charleston call anything in Columbia beautiful in their newspaper, they jump on it. I'm pretty sure they know I only recently moved here. I say that because of how often I contacted them over the 31 years I lived in Columbia.
Interesting. I didn't think about that. Yeah they made sure that it would be noticed, even including a border and tan shading background to your text. Very cool and quite the surprise when I glanced at it that morning before work. Despite all of the reasons they could have posted it, it was also refreshingly new and positive thinking. The slight jabs at Clemson made it all the better as well... Hehe. I wound up sharing it to my Facebook page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
A reflection pool/fountain would be nice, but no one is gonna pay for that: taxpayers or private. Now a slip and slide perhaps...
You think so? If it's something positive in place of what use to be the confederate flag and statue (if they moved it), I don't see why not. It can't be THAT expensive. Or, we could just leave it as an empty space. But the next best thing would definitely be a fountain of some sort.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:38 AM

12,747 posts, read 18,558,385 times
[quote=smithgn;40507452]Interesting. I didn't think about that. Yeah they made sure that it would be noticed, even including a border and tan shading background to your text. Very cool and quite the surprise when I glanced at it that morning before work. Despite all of the reasons they could have posted it, it was also refreshingly new and positive thinking. The slight jabs at Clemson made it all the better as well... Hehe. I wound up sharing it to my Facebook page.

Wow! They did all that for me? Or was it for a Charlestonian? My spouse is in Columbia tidying up the property and getting it ready for our tenant. He's bringing the paper with my column in it as a keepsake. This morning was my first morning of having the Post & Courier home-delivered.

Old 07-23-2015, 09:54 AM

Yup! Let us know when you take a look at it. For that reason, I thought you started working for the P & C in Charleston which allowed you the picture and the color added to the background of your text. Well, more of a grey background than tan. But still, your article was retrofitted with a better than normal look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area