Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 03:06 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,563,706 times

Advertisements

I haven't had those sorts of things said to me, so the only response I can give is that I know places and situations to avoid. I live downtown and rarely venture out to the suburbs so I guess my view is somewhat myopic. I can only state that I haven't seen the types of things that Sunstate has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 04:40 PM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
I haven't had those sorts of things said to me, so the only response I can give is that I know places and situations to avoid. I live downtown and rarely venture out to the suburbs so I guess my view is somewhat myopic. I can only state that I haven't seen the types of things that Sunstate has.
I live in the Irmo/ St. Andrews area and haven't heard any of what sunstate is talking about. Personally, I don't believe the poster has been the least bit truthful but to each their own.

Sunstate, if you'd like to move and have a home to sell call me.

Old 02-11-2008, 04:44 PM

655 posts, read 2,202,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
I live in the Irmo/ St. Andrews area and haven't heard any of what sunstate is talking about. Personally, I don't believe the poster has been the least bit truthful but to each their own.

Wow.Just wow.

Old 02-11-2008, 08:56 PM

What's so wow about it? Sunstate is clearly attempting to run down Columbia. Anyway, I'm done with this thread. It's time to stop feeding the trolls.

Old 02-11-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:

For the record that post was directed at Sunstate, not Waccamat. I don't think it warrants a personal attack but whoever gave the neg. point, whatever.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:05 AM

168 posts, read 694,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunstate View Post
I am just surprised that I have heard the N word spoken freely and often. It offends me.
Oh please. Now I know you are either a.) trying to stir up trouble or b.) spend your time hanging out with Neanderthals. Are you sure you're not having flashbacks to some repressed childhood memories from the 50's? I'm done with this post and poster as well.

Old 02-12-2008, 10:39 AM

655 posts, read 2,202,868 times
Such hostility directed at the OP. So much for southern hospitality.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:38 PM

1,174 posts, read 2,532,906 times
Sometimes people make things up, to make a sensation, and then watch for the reaction. Generally, lonely people do such things. Sad - best to ignore I think.

Old 02-14-2008, 08:31 AM

95 posts, read 433,940 times
Default why?

Quote:

Why would I wish to deal with someone who has called me a liar?

Old 02-14-2008, 08:53 AM

95 posts, read 433,940 times
Default to clearify

I posted initially because I was distressed to find the attitude that I have in this area. I visted this site for almost a year before coming to the Columbia area and was pleased to see such helpful and friendly posts to those who were looking for information.

I did have misgivings about moving to an area that made National news because of the Confederate flag flying on the Capital and that goofy BBQ place with it's Confederate flag on it's bottled products.

However, I read posts on this forum and thought, "gee, these folks are O.K.". Then, I move here and Yes, what I have posted is what has happened. I posted my experiences so that others would not be dismayed (as I was) to find such attitudes when they relocate.

I have not said that ALL of this area is full of limited people.

I think it interesting that ANY negative talk about this area has produced posts that have called me a lonley, trouble-making liar. Hmmm.....I think someone protests too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area