U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 05:46 PM

155 posts, read 503,670 times

Advertisements

This apartment complex is located on 1041 Marion St. Would you recommend this area. Is it close to downtown?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2008, 06:26 PM

6,621 posts, read 14,109,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corruption View Post
This apartment complex is located on 1041 Marion St. Would you recommend this area. Is it close to downtown?
It is located right downtown on the corner of Marion and Senate Streets. The building is an older high rise, but it has been renovated. It is very close to USC, the heart of the business district, the Vista and Five Points. I've never been inside, though, so I don't know about the apartments themselves. The location is outstanding, though.

Old 02-13-2008, 07:49 PM

Thanks waccamatt. I'd forgotten that I've looked at these apartments before. Unfortunately they offer very little kitchen space. I like the price of the apartment and everything else but that...lol.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:09 PM

Quote:
SC apartments sucks period all of them old except for the ones build after 2000 or the ones that were recently renovated and the houses for rent old as dirt too.You were very lucky too get out of that lease early without owing them anything,consider yourself blessed.
This is the opinion of someone on apartmentratings.com. Is that the general consensus? I know it can't be THAT bad...at least I hope not. Reading that was kind of discouraging...Wherever we go, I just want it to be clean, up to date, and comfortable.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:18 PM

Corruption, I read some of the reviews on there about Cornell Arms, also, but I have a friend that lives there and has for years and loves it. I think a lot of people forget the price ranges at those 2 buildings. You can rent a fantastic apartment downtown for $1000 a month if someone wants to pay that.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:35 PM

655 posts, read 1,984,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Corruption, I read some of the reviews on there about Cornell Arms, also, but I have a friend that lives there and has for years and loves it. I think a lot of people forget the price ranges at those 2 buildings. You can rent a fantastic apartment downtown for $1000 a month if someone wants to pay that.
$1000 a month is definitely out of her price range.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
I think for the money, then, Cornell Arms and Claire Tower are great.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slappy san View Post
lol..you mean OUR price range...?

I don't care about cheap really, but I DO care about a kitchen I can't turn around 2ce in...Claire Towers kitchen is just ridiculous...And the ladybug situation at Cornell does not sound appealing at all...

Old 02-14-2008, 09:53 AM

I used to rent an apartment in a beautiful quadraplex near Five Points that was very reasonable. It didn't have the amenities of a complex, but it was a decent size in a great location. I know the Furman Fulmer Company, Fowler Company, the Wolfe Company Realtors and others have a lot of similar places for rent, though I bet they are higher now than when I lived there. You might want to check out The State's apartment listings, though.

Apartments/Home Rentals Ads -- Columbia, SC - provided by The State

Old 02-17-2008, 10:57 AM

655 posts, read 1,984,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corruption View Post
lol..you mean OUR price range...?

I don't care about cheap really, but I DO care about a kitchen I can't turn around 2ce in...Claire Towers kitchen is just ridiculous...And the ladybug situation at Cornell does not sound appealing at all...
You will since according to aptratings....the fridge is in the living room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area