Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 02:58 PM

14 posts, read 15,917 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy our forever home in Aiken County.... The closer to Exit 5, the better!

My wife and I moved here in April. We have been actively looking for our right home now for 5 months and have yet to find the right one for us. We have been renting these past months, still searching for our forever home here. We have literally looked at over 60 homes and have seen everything that is currently posted on MLS online within a 15 mile radius of zip code 29829. We are working with a realtor already- but that only helps us look at active MLS listings.. I am posting this in hope maybe one of you has a home out there that you are thinking about putting on the market, that you haven’t done yet and that fits what we are looking for! A win/win!? It's worth a shot? I actively seek every day for the right home on many sites and have yet to find it!! Here is what we are looking for:

1.) Must be in Aiken County... prefer North Augusta, then Graniteville, then southern part of Aiken... near Graniteville. We are not interested in living in Georgia, or anywhere else besides these places above. My wife works in Aiken near the hospital, but we are always downtown Augusta, so North Augusta / Graniteville is where we really feel is home!

2.) A new(er) home... no older than 15-20 years. Prefer something built within the past 10 years or so, but if updated and a newer roof, HVAC is installed, we are still interested if everything else is a hit. We are NOT interested in a 1960's house....

3.) Must be ATLEAST 3 bedrooms, with an bonus room, or 4 bedrooms. We want to have kids soon and will need the space, as this next house is our forever home. Anything less then a 3+bonus, or a 4bedroom is a deal breaker.

5.) Land / Covenants... I'm from the country, so I cannot be on top of other houses!! I need a MINIMUM of a half-acre of land. I also want to build a detached garage (if there is not one already) for a few antique automobiles I have and a motorcycle. I CANNOT be in a subdivision that does not allow outbuildings, and other laws such as and crazy covenants that doesn’t allot you to do little things without written permission. I can’t be part of a subdivision with crazy laws!

If you have something like this, you would consider selling, contact me, as I would love to hear from you. Reply to this post, or send me a PM. Maybe you have what we are looking for and were thinking about putting your home on the market--?? We are looking in the price range from anywhere from $175k-325k for the RIGHT house.... Thank you! Look forward hearing from you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 08:52 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,829,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky5686 View Post
We are looking to buy our forever home in Aiken County.... The closer to Exit 5, the better!

My wife and I moved here in April. We have been actively looking for our right home now for 5 months and have yet to find the right one for us. We have been renting these past months, still searching for our forever home here. We have literally looked at over 60 homes and have seen everything that is currently posted on MLS online within a 15 mile radius of zip code 29829. We are working with a realtor already- but that only helps us look at active MLS listings.. I am posting this in hope maybe one of you has a home out there that you are thinking about putting on the market, that you haven’t done yet and that fits what we are looking for! A win/win!? It's worth a shot? I actively seek every day for the right home on many sites and have yet to find it!! Here is what we are looking for:

1.) Must be in Aiken County... prefer North Augusta, then Graniteville, then southern part of Aiken... near Graniteville. We are not interested in living in Georgia, or anywhere else besides these places above. My wife works in Aiken near the hospital, but we are always downtown Augusta, so North Augusta / Graniteville is where we really feel is home!

2.) A new(er) home... no older than 15-20 years. Prefer something built within the past 10 years or so, but if updated and a newer roof, HVAC is installed, we are still interested if everything else is a hit. We are NOT interested in a 1960's house....

3.) Must be ATLEAST 3 bedrooms, with an bonus room, or 4 bedrooms. We want to have kids soon and will need the space, as this next house is our forever home. Anything less then a 3+bonus, or a 4bedroom is a deal breaker.

5.) Land / Covenants... I'm from the country, so I cannot be on top of other houses!! I need a MINIMUM of a half-acre of land. I also want to build a detached garage (if there is not one already) for a few antique automobiles I have and a motorcycle. I CANNOT be in a subdivision that does not allow outbuildings, and other laws such as and crazy covenants that doesn’t allot you to do little things without written permission. I can’t be part of a subdivision with crazy laws!

If you have something like this, you would consider selling, contact me, as I would love to hear from you. Reply to this post, or send me a PM. Maybe you have what we are looking for and were thinking about putting your home on the market--?? We are looking in the price range from anywhere from $175k-325k for the RIGHT house.... Thank you! Look forward hearing from you!
In the case that someone on here isn't selling I'd say check zillow every couple of days.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:10 AM

Thanks. I posted it just to broaden my search. I check Zillow hourly....along with all the realtors sites here. Much appreciated. Just hoping it catches the eye for someone who is thinking about selling their home- and what we are looking for!

Old 09-21-2016, 04:11 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,504,742 times
You'd be better off posting in the general SC forum or in the Augusta, Ga. forum. Aiken is not in the Columbia area.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:18 AM

1,794 posts, read 4,889,019 times
rocky,
Check these two homes out.
I think either one has exactly what you want.
Neither are HOA either.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:19 AM

Oh, forgot to put addresses in,
it is from realtor dot com.
1087 Oxpens Rd, 29851

397 Legion Rd. 29851

Old 09-22-2016, 09:57 AM

Thank you!!

1087 Oxpens is a subdivision with a HOA, unfortunately.
We have actually been by the one on Legion. Houses in Warrenville have a hard market for resale. And the one on legion unfortunetly, as good as that would fit us, it isn't in a very good area. But, thank you so much for looking. We have literally seen all the current listings in MLS... hoping something pops up in the next few weeks!

Old 09-29-2016, 05:56 AM

rocky,
You haven't done your research.
Look up crime rate in 29851 area code.
It is one of the safest places to live in the country.
Not Aiken, high crime rate.
The resale is excellent, you aren't researching yourself.

Old 09-30-2016, 07:33 AM

744 posts, read 740,762 times
Look, you are not going to find a house that is in a HOA without strict rules, and you are not going to find a house not in a subdivision that is not next to manufactured housing or a gas station, or some other crazy zoning situation.

The reason that you have not found a house after looking for 5 months is that what you are looking for may not exist.

Maybe consider finding a lot and building a house?

Old 10-20-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
rocky,
You haven't done your research.
Look up crime rate in 29851 area code.
It is one of the safest places to live in the country.
Not Aiken, high crime rate.
The resale is excellent, you aren't researching yourself.
I am not sure where you are getting that info. I assume you live in Warrenville yourself and trying to defend it. Warrenville has horrible resale value. Houses are very hard to move there once you own a house there. If you have a $200,000 house in Warrenville, you are $150,000 over the median price range there. It is no different in crime than Graniteville, NA or Aiken, per population. Show me where it is "one of the safest places to live in the country." I do a lot of homework. Nothing like that has ever came up on any results. Matter of fact, as per population 29851 as a whole, compared to crime rate as a whole the state of SC, it is higher per person, per square mile, then the state itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area