Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2016, 04:53 AM

38 posts, read 32,810 times

Advertisements

Publix has a pretty good variety of deli and pre made stuff. I personally don't understand why any one would want that type of food. It is really no different than shopping the frozen section and putting a meal together from it. Most of the stores do not make the items in house. They are premade elsewhere and basically heated up. Another good option would be finding you a local restaurant and ordering family size. Lizards Thicket is one small chain that cooks in house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2016, 05:10 AM

Oh and BTW, I have lived in many states and moved here recently from Rock Hill, SC and as near as I can tell Columbia is quite behind the times as far as anything goes. Internet service for instant is archaic compared to Rock Hill. I got 4 times the speed for same price in RH.

Old 11-03-2016, 09:23 AM

21,003 posts, read 26,983,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neverclearone View Post
Publix has a pretty good variety of deli and pre made stuff. I personally don't understand why any one would want that type of food. It is really no different than shopping the frozen section and putting a meal together from it. Most of the stores do not make the items in house. They are premade elsewhere and basically heated up. Another good option would be finding you a local restaurant and ordering family size. Lizards Thicket is one small chain that cooks in house.
Publix's delicatessen is usually healthy, delicious, fresh, and affordable. It has the best sub sandwiches without question. Its meats and vegetables including chicken and macaroni and cheese are good.

Old 11-03-2016, 04:05 PM

20 posts, read 20,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
What's "laking"?
It's what the LA Lakers do.

Old 11-03-2016, 05:12 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,475,443 times
Quote:
Oh and BTW, I have lived in many states and moved here recently from Rock Hill, SC and as near as I can tell Columbia is quite behind the times as far as anything goes. Internet service for instant is archaic compared to Rock Hill. I got 4 times the speed for same price in RH.
You must live out in the country; I've had high speed internet for at least 15 years.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
You must live out in the country; I've had high speed internet for at least 15 years.
This is the wrong thread but I live in West Columbia in a housing development behind Rush's off Sunset Blvd., so ....no not in the country and believe me I have done extensive searching. True high speed internet is not available to us.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
This is the wrong thread but I live in West Columbia in a housing development behind Rush's off Sunset Blvd., so ....no not in the country and believe me I have done extensive searching. True high speed internet is not available to us.
OOPSY, didn't realize I was the one that posted in the wrong thread. That will teach me from going back and forth. I plead old age (what my Dad always says.) Now that I'm retired I think I qualify.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:33 PM

85 posts, read 89,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I wish Giant Eagle would come south I loved that grocery chain when I lived in Ohio . They are awesome .
Giant Eagle is the worst. Had to put up with their high prices and poor quality in Pittsburgh for 24 years. What we really need in Columbia is Wegman's.

Old 11-18-2016, 09:39 PM

624 posts, read 686,445 times
The original poster has a point. But as others have pointed out, stores down here sell what the public will buy, which means a lot of garbage.

There is no grocery store in South Carolina anywhere that compares to Wegman's, or some of the other chains up North: ShopRite, Stop and Shop, etc. I think the reason is the population they serve.

The closest thing to what they're talking about would be something like a newer, larger Publix or a Kroger Marketplace. But even then, you're not going to get the diversity of fresh foods.

Old 11-19-2016, 06:40 AM

1,100 posts, read 1,323,042 times
Sprout has been opening up more locations in the suburban Atlanta area so we'll
Likely get one eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area