U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 04:52 PM

4,867 posts, read 8,069,034 times
A lot depends on what part of town you work in. I live and work downtown and I almost never get stuck in traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 05:51 PM

4 posts, read 5,504 times
Lexington is a nice town. The schools are very good and there is lots of shopping. The main road through town gets very crowded during rush hour but other than that it is a nice place to live. You won't get the fabulous Maine lobster though. Most newer homes are in subdivisions. Be prepared though because it is very hot in the summer. The winter weather is the best.
good luck in your search

Old 02-15-2009, 07:36 PM

1,858 posts, read 2,937,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socar View Post
Be prepared though because it is very hot in the summer. The winter weather is the best.
good luck in your search
I wouldn't call the winter weather the best, the best weather is about to occur over the next 2 months (March & April) when it's 70s and occasionally 80s every day and 50s at night - same goes for October & November in the fall. While the winter is mild and I definitely enjoy it a lot better than the north, it's still a little cool to be considered the best weather for the midlands.

Old 02-21-2009, 02:24 PM

39 posts, read 79,375 times
I have to say, we are very happy with our choice of Lexington. The schools are excellent and people are very friendly. I do however agree with the traffic complaints. My drive seems silly after living in New York but there aren't any alterante roads. A couple of more roads for the growing population would be nice!

Old 02-21-2009, 06:53 PM

215 posts, read 369,956 times
Lexington and West Columbia are very nice and growing. Both are only 40 mins to Augusta which is another plus. Augusta has several stores/restaurants like Sephora, Aldo, Chop House, Apple, PF Changs, & Aerie that Columbia doesn't have yet.

Last edited by harrat; 02-21-2009 at 07:04 PM..

Old 05-06-2009, 02:36 PM

2 posts, read 7,790 times
I will be moving to Lexington,SC in June...Can someone tell me where I need to go to enroll my Autistic son in school..we are going to be in District 1 ..He also is in the extended year program....I live in NJ now...Thank you for any answers I can get.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area