U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2017, 04:15 PM

1 posts, read 374 times

Advertisements

I am a University of South Carolina student, and will be directing a short film in October. For one of our scenes, we are in need of a police cruiser. Is there any way I can obtain said car for free? Are there any collectors around the area who might be willing to lend me one for a short period of time? I am willing to compensate in some form, but cannot afford to rent a Prop Car, or something of the like. Any information is helpful!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 05:09 PM

869 posts, read 459,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheckoutLine17 View Post
I am a University of South Carolina student, and will be directing a short film in October. For one of our scenes, we are in need of a police cruiser. Is there any way I can obtain said car for free? Are there any collectors around the area who might be willing to lend me one for a short period of time? I am willing to compensate in some form, but cannot afford to rent a Prop Car, or something of the like. Any information is helpful!
A lot of times local departments have what is called reserve vehicles. Why not ask Richland County, Lexington County, Columbia, Irmo, Lexington, West Columbia, and/or Cayce PDs if you can borrow one and an officer to operate it. Inform them it’s for class, most departments around here have heart. And I’m sure at least one department wouldn’t mind.

Old 09-25-2017, 06:14 AM

1,972 posts, read 2,367,677 times
Check with the State of South Carolina Film Commission. It is a state government office dedicated to the promotion of the film industry in the state. They assist filmmakers with location help, crews, extras and just about anything else you can think of related to film in the state. I'm sure they could at least point you in the right direction.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:39 AM

363 posts, read 225,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonCoombes View Post
A lot of times local departments have what is called reserve vehicles. Why not ask Richland County, Lexington County, Columbia, Irmo, Lexington, West Columbia, and/or Cayce PDs if you can borrow one and an officer to operate it. Inform them it’s for class, most departments around here have heart. And I’m sure at least one department wouldn’t mind.
We can get into politics all the time, but at the end of the day, I bet any of those Police Departments would try to help you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area