Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2019, 08:39 AM

439 posts, read 419,331 times

Advertisements

Anyone care to share their monthly bills? Or share their experiences? I am interested in heating and cooling rates, square foot of house, etc. Are certain areas less expensive or more?

Does anyone use ductless heat pumps there for AC or heat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2019, 09:07 AM

1,124 posts, read 907,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fassopony View Post
Anyone care to share their monthly bills? Or share their experiences? I am interested in heating and cooling rates, square foot of house, etc. Are certain areas less expensive or more?

Does anyone use ductless heat pumps there for AC or heat?
What area did you decide on btw? And I have an 1100 SF home and my bill ranges between $140-$160 in the heat of Summer and $120-$140 in dead of Winter. Overall, don’t really have problems with the power company. I asked them to move a light in my backyard a little further away on another poll and a week later the light was moved and the poll it was on gone. This was back when Dominion had just bought SCANA and not changed anything yet.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:03 AM

I haven't yet The work place may have some influence on where I go. I am leaning towards the west and south areas. I am not real into the busy packed in Irmo type places. They are nice but I like a little more room and less congestion.

Old 06-05-2019, 11:24 AM

1,124 posts, read 907,080 times
Quote:
I haven't yet The work place may have some influence on where I go. I am leaning towards the west and south areas. I am not real into the busy packed in Irmo type places. They are nice but I like a little more room and less congestion.
It’s not that the west isn’t packed, but it isn’t empty either. I’d look on the East and South sides. Lexington and Red Bank are fast growing. So you may think you’re in a remote area, but bam! 10 years later you’re surrounded by subdivisions.

Old 06-05-2019, 12:13 PM

14,190 posts, read 14,543,530 times
1400sq ft, cathedral ceilings, gas heat. I keep it warm in the winter and cool in the summer, more than most. Average electric and gas bill (same company here) is $125 per month.

Old 06-05-2019, 12:23 PM

John, are you well insulated?

Brandon, I appreciate that thank you!

Old 06-05-2019, 04:29 PM

14,190 posts, read 14,543,530 times
Quote:
John, are you well insulated?

Brandon, I appreciate that thank you!
No better nor no worse than any tract home with cathedral ceilings meaning there is on so much room up there. Not like an attic where you can lay down very thick insulation.

Electric bill kind of stays the same year round as we need the HVAC for A/C 6-8 months and heat 4 to 5 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area