Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 12:34 AM

20 posts, read 22,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucjanrc View Post
My mom is from Warsaw, Poland, she immigrated here after graduating from college. I still have family in Warsaw and I visit whenever I can.
that's great. say "hi" to your mom is she cooking polish food for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 12:10 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
When your mother is born in a EU country there is a guarantee you will be weaned on the food.

My mother was from Hungary and the food was terrific.....she taught my Irish/German wife many dishes that I still miss today. I do cook some for myself but not all of them.

On Thurs made some Palachinta (Crepes) the same way she made them.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:47 PM

157 posts, read 248,960 times
She only cooks Polish food on major holidays.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:39 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
When a little guy my mother would be cooking chicken soup on Sunday...a ritual every week while dad and I went to the nearby Church services. Other days maybe a Pasta dish (many different combos) Cabbage Rolls,, Paprikas with dumplings...makes my mouth water as I have some beef in the fridge waiting to be cooked with dumplings or Baked Potato covered with brown gravy...such decisions to be made.

Old 01-16-2016, 06:18 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,563,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
When a little guy my mother would be cooking chicken soup on Sunday...a ritual every week while dad and I went to the nearby Church services. Other days maybe a Pasta dish (many different combos) Cabbage Rolls,, Paprikas with dumplings...makes my mouth water as I have some beef in the fridge waiting to be cooked with dumplings or Baked Potato covered with brown gravy...such decisions to be made.
My mom used to make veal and dumplings, Hungarian Goulash and stuffed peppers.

Old 01-18-2016, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
It sounds like Hungarian and Polish food have some meals in common I absolutely love these polish meals:

1) red beetroot soup with little dumplings filled with wild musrooms ("barszcz")

https://www.google.com/search?q=bars...TNSxxlGtpnM%3A

2) dumplings ("pierogi")

https://www.google.com/search?q=bars...DAmuhCmOOBM%3A

3) breaded pork chop ("schabowy")
https://www.google.com/search?q=scha...zL1RUFkkSSM%3A

4) potatoe pancake with goulash

https://www.google.com/search?q=plac...0WcZC8yu9NM%3A

and many many more, mmm now i am hungry

Old 01-18-2016, 07:04 PM

146 posts, read 521,768 times
Mmmmmmmmmm.... Pierogi ��

Old 01-19-2016, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michakaveli View Post
Mmmmmmmmmm.... Pierogi ��

Jak juz przyjade i znajdę składniki w sklepie i kiedys zrobie to Cie poczęstuje uwielbiam pierogi ruskie!

Old 03-12-2016, 04:38 PM

Hej
Jesteśmy już na miejscu, jeśli ktoś chciałby się spotkać pogadać z rodakami to dajcie znac pozdrawiam

Old 01-10-2017, 08:23 PM

4 posts, read 5,038 times
I am refreshing the topic. Any polish in Columbia or Lexington, SC? Would be nice to meet some...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area