Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2021, 04:36 PM

244 posts, read 200,209 times

Advertisements

Hope this is an acceptable topic for City-Data. If not, someone let me know and I'll pull it. I don't do Facebook.

I am looking for a math tutor for my son who will be in 9th grade Algebra I next year (homeschool). Math is by far his weakest subject, and I have reviewed a sample Algebra I text, that stuff is pretty dense and complicated. I would much prefer to take him to the tutor's residence or office (if they have one of those), I am thinking of twice a week, with my son doing homework in math the other days.

We did Sylvan back a few years ago (4th grade), and they were very good, they brought him right up to speed, but they were very expensive. I haven't been able to find out much about Kumon. Are there any other math tutoring companies, or even private individuals who do this? I would be looking to pay no more than $40-$50 per week. I realize that might be a naive figure to shoot for ---Sylvan was several times more expensive --- but I'm aiming for that sweet spot between affordability and academic competence.

I don't wish to invade anyone's privacy, or appear to be creating an opportunity to "advertise" (however inadvertent that might be), so private messages to me, would probably be preferable.

Will appreciate any help anyone could give me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area