Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2007, 07:50 AM

2 posts, read 11,596 times

Advertisements

Wow, this forum is such a wonderful resource! I'm looking to move to the Columbia area and read the threads about national builders. Also, my nephew is an indie builder up North, gave me the same advice I see here. Doing research, I came across Homeworks Custom Builders, local to NC and SC.

Does anyone have experience with a home built by them? Appreciate all feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2007, 08:50 PM

96 posts, read 370,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmm135 View Post
Wow, this forum is such a wonderful resource! I'm looking to move to the Columbia area and read the threads about national builders. Also, my nephew is an indie builder up North, gave me the same advice I see here. Doing research, I came across Homeworks Custom Builders, local to NC and SC.

Does anyone have experience with a home built by them? Appreciate all feedback.
They are not your typical prefab homes however their wALLS ARE PREFABBED AHEAD OF TIME AT A FACTORY. THIS IS ALL I KNOW ABOUT THEM.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:32 PM

2 posts, read 11,596 times
Yes, that's what they described on their site. I just have to do more research on all local builders. I'm looking for a small home and a little land.

Am also interested in energy efficient/solar homes. Any local builder recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Old 05-28-2009, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 5,062 times
Hello! This is Anna at Homeworks Custom Builders! Our construction type is what is known as Panelization. You can find out more information on paneled homes by visiting the NAHB's website at [URL="http://www.nahb.org"]www.nahb.org[/URL]. Type Panel Building in their search engine and you will find alot of info.... or ....just call me at 1-800-422-7177! We'll be happy to send you any information you'd like on our plans! If you have your own plan, we can give you a quote on that too! Call us!

Old 04-01-2010, 06:09 AM

1 posts, read 4,467 times
I own a home built by this company. They used to be called Carolina Model Homes. If you have your own financing and are able to watch them every step of the way then yes this might be a solution for you however our experience with thiem was awful!!! We still have stuff in our home that they did not finish. The house goes up fairly quickly but them you are in for a ride getting the finish work done and it is very shoddy finish work. They will leave your home incomplete so be sure you review all of the allowances for finish work and final installations like painting, carpet, trim, etc. to make sure they allocate enough in your budget to realistically get these things done. We had a nightmare experience wiht this company and I am trying to warn everyone I can to proceed with extreme caution!!

Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,454 times
Check out [url=http://www.moorequalitybuilders.com] they were very helpful!

Old 02-08-2015, 08:41 AM

1 posts, read 1,700 times
I had a home built for me by Homeworks Custom Builders in 2008. This home has become a nightmare and the company is no longer in business. After I moved in and started using the shower in the Master suite , the wooden floors in the bedroom adjacent to the shower stated swelling up and we could not even open nor close the doors in this room.The floor vinyl in the bathroom itself started turning black. So I went under the house to look for leaks......and boy i sure did find one. The individuals that installed the shower did not connect it to the drain at all . So instead of the water going down the drain like it should, it was going under the floor. The company was notified and after much discussion came out to repair the shower. They had the flooring in the bedroom torn out cleaned and replaced but refused to tear out the flooring in the bath room stating that it wasn't necessary. Fast forward to today six years later . The bathroom floor developed actual holes in it and had to be torn out. At this time not only did we find holes in the floor and sub floor but it was the material used for the floor, particle board and sheetrock. The floor was covered in mold and mildew, hence the black coming through the vinyl. Once the shower was removed there was trash all behind and under it. The sheetrock that had to be removed wasnt even nailed into the studs, as what appears to be the case throughout the whole house since the nails are popping out. Upon initial move in I had to keep calling for repairs because almost all of the cabinet pipes and the toilet pipes leaked.....even though they replaced everything they said that there wasn't a problem . Eventually I just hired someone to do the repairs myself , as the leaks were damaging the vanity. All of the appliances to include the heat pump /AC needed repairs after first year. The dishwater never did work appropriately . Also the exterior paint faded terribly the first year so that it needed to be repainted. These are just a few of the problems that we have run into. The company has now closed so there is no one to contact to uphold warranties. Our family is on the road alot so we aren't around to do much wear and tear . I am very disappointed and I am looking for solutions to hold them accountable even though they have been out of business for some time now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area