Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 02:59 PM

24 posts, read 79,652 times

Advertisements

My family is relocating to Columbia within the next couple of months. Any suggestions for churches? We aren't into the hip and trendy modern churches, we are looking for ones that hail the Bible (ie, God's word) as the ultimate authority in life. But we also aren't into the arrogant, Bible thumping legalistic extreme either.

We homeschool and there are nine kids in our family. We are wondering if there are other large families we can connect with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 05:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzJoe View Post
My family is relocating to Columbia within the next couple of months. Any suggestions for churches? We aren't into the hip and trendy modern churches, we are looking for ones that hail the Bible (ie, God's word) as the ultimate authority in life. But we also aren't into the arrogant, Bible thumping legalistic extreme either.

We homeschool and there are nine kids in our family. We are wondering if there are other large families we can connect with.
It's been a couple of years...were you able to find anything? There is a slim chance we may be relocating to the same area. We're both BJU grads, though not legalistic. We want a conservative church that preaches the Word of God, but is also warm and loving. We are a homeschool family of three kids.

Old 05-02-2011, 06:41 PM

191 posts, read 503,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsycraftsyk View Post
It's been a couple of years...were you able to find anything? There is a slim chance we may be relocating to the same area. We're both BJU grads, though not legalistic. We want a conservative church that preaches the Word of God, but is also warm and loving. We are a homeschool family of three kids.
I have to ask, when you say conservative church what exactly do you mean? Like one that discriminates against gays, lesbians or anything that "threatens" the meaning of marriage... or do you mean a church where there are a lot of republicans? Oh wait, isn't that the same?

Either way, you're in luck. There are a sorts of churches around here and based on the demographics, I'm quite sure you'll find the ignorance your looking for.

Old 05-03-2011, 06:44 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,264,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwind View Post
I'm quite sure you'll find the ignorance your looking for.
And from reading your posts we all know you are very familiar with ignorance.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:21 AM

163 posts, read 664,492 times
Artsy,

There are a number of friendly, conservative churches in the Columbia area. Also, I do not think you will have a hard time meeting other homeschooling families. We joined North Trenholm Baptist Church and really like it.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexingtonDad View Post
And from reading your posts we all know you are very familiar with ignorance.

Oh, how is that?

Old 05-03-2011, 05:16 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
This is the south not just the south but the BELTBUCKLE of the south being a Christian here is almost law. Which I'm surprised they haven't pass that law ....yet. Even more so if your a conservative Christian.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This is the south not just the south but the BELTBUCKLE of the south being a Christian here is almost law. Which I'm surprised they haven't pass that law ....yet. Even more so if your a conservative Christian.

Careful, LexingtonDad might call you ignorant for pointing that out.

Old 05-03-2011, 05:24 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,531,232 times
Quote:

My best friend is a conservative Christian so let him I am just the opposite I'm rated worse then an Atheist around here.

Last edited by reed067; 05-03-2011 at 05:48 PM..

Old 05-03-2011, 07:12 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,264,864 times
Quote:

Not him. Just you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area