Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:57 AM

4 posts, read 34,878 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I need to extract and replace two teeth. Who si the best dentist in Columbia, sc ?
I looked at google search and these looks good. Any idea about these and others?

M. Jacob Wehman DMD (jacobwehmandmd.com)

[url=http://www.aestheticsmilestudio.com/]South Carolina Dentists | Columbia Cosmetic Dentistry | Columbia Dental Spa[/url]

Please provide your suggestions. Good dentists makes a lot of difference (both service and price). I don't want to make mistake by showing up in the wrong place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 10:12 AM

12 posts, read 62,359 times
I have had great work done on my teeth from Dr. Jordan. I had all of my silver fillings removed and replaced with the white composite fillings. No pain and it looks great.

Good Luck!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:47 AM

thanks for the quick input.But he does not show up in any other searches or good reviews. Also his website is down.
How was your experience with him about prices?

Is anyone aware of this accreditation thing: [url]http://www.aacd.com/index.php?module=aacd&cmd=memberreferral#results[/url]

loks like only 4 accredated dentists in SC! Anyone has any experience with these:
Thomas F. Trinkner, DDS ([url]http://www.trinkner.com/dentistry/dr_trinkner.html[/url])
Bryan K. Springer, DMD (scores high but does anyone been there recently? are they pricey?)

Last edited by hello2010; 07-20-2009 at 11:27 AM.. Reason: updated information

Old 07-20-2009, 12:06 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,557,106 times
I'm sure there are hundreds of dentists in Columbia and I would hope most of them are accredited. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in online surveys.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:14 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,263,906 times
I wish this thread had happened a couple of weeks ago. I had an issue and had to visit a dentist fast. Luckily a friend recommended Boyd Hendrix in West Columbia and he turned out to be top notch. He got me in same day and there was no pain. While I didn't pay attention to his fee schedule my insurance covered almost the entire tab.

To give you an idea of what a dental chicken I am for the last 6 years I was going back to Atlanta to visit my old dentist once a year. The guy in Atlanta was the best I have ever seen and I didn't want to deal with a new guy. A chipped tooth and a busy schedule forced my hand and I am glad it did.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
I'm sure there are hundreds of dentists in Columbia and I would hope most of them are accredited. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in online surveys.
I thin you did not read what i posted there. its not the user review but the national accredation. Only a few can get this and here are the defintions again:
[url=http://www.aacd.com/index.php?module=aacd&cmd=memberreferral#results]AACD[/url]

So, I was interested to see if any one had any personal experience with this doctors who seem qualified in paper at least.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:33 AM

13 posts, read 51,242 times
I am surprised that bryan springer and aestheticsmilestudio.com has almost 100% positive review.
Google Maps

There must be something good with them.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:15 AM

119 posts, read 344,666 times
My whole family go to Dr Holt and Dunsing (Dunsing may be spelled wrong). They are located on Garner's Ferry and are affordable (I have no insurance).

Old 09-03-2009, 08:01 AM

1 posts, read 10,752 times
Is it me or does anyone else think that this thread and these posts here are a bit too laudatory of these dentists. If I was a gambling man, I would say that this thread was probably started by someone at Jake Wehman's office and continued by a few other dentists who found it when they were "googling" themselves.

If these guys are so hard up for business that they have to resort to posting fictional patient testimonials, I would recommend you all find other dentists to see.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:01 AM

1 posts, read 9,682 times
I used Wehman and although I think he is a good dentist his office provided me with an estimate that was almost $200 under that I ended up paying! All that after they mailed me a letter with the estimated costs, so beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello2010 View Post
Hi,
I need to extract and replace two teeth. Who si the best dentist in Columbia, sc ?
I looked at google search and these looks good. Any idea about these and others?

M. Jacob Wehman DMD (jacobwehmandmd.com)

[url=http://www.aestheticsmilestudio.com/]South Carolina Dentists | Columbia Cosmetic Dentistry | Columbia Dental Spa[/url]

Please provide your suggestions. Good dentists makes a lot of difference (both service and price). I don't want to make mistake by showing up in the wrong place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area