Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2009, 06:56 PM

3 posts, read 5,474 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to the Columbia area. I would like to reside on the eastern side of the city or the eastern outskirts (no further than a 25 minute drive) to the center of town. I would appriciate any recommendations for nieghborhoods, house/apartment rentals ect..

Thanks in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 05:28 AM

12,914 posts, read 18,761,054 times
I live east-northeast of downtown 2.9 miles from the capitol. Houses in my immediate neighborhood are in the $98,000 to $175,000 range. Directly east and east-southeast of downtown about the same distance from the capitol, the houses are generally in the $175,000 to $250,000 and higher range. Rents in the aforementioned areas start around $800. You can find apartments for less, say in the $550 range or maybe a steal at around $425 in decent condition. These are just rough figures. There are so many areas in the eastern half of the metro and there are many deals to be found in this market, especially around Fort Jackson. Welcome to Columbia and I wish you the best of luck.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:53 PM

Default Thanks Befriend

Thanks befriend! My work will be in the Sumter vicinity but that town looks a little small for me. Ideally I am looking to find an area no more that 30 minutes from the Sumter area and no more than 20 mintues to Columbia

Old 10-10-2009, 07:21 AM

12,914 posts, read 18,761,054 times
Southeast Columbia around Garner's Ferry Road or the Horrell Hill area on the way to Sumter would be a start. If schools are a concern, pick SE Columbia where it's zoned for Dreher High School. In Horrell Hill it would be Lower Richland High School and most people would not seek out that school for academics to put it somewhat tactfully.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:11 AM

Thanks so much for helping putting me on the right track.

School is not a concern but I am intersted in a being in a safe area that is not classified as economically depressed. Hopefully an area that has access to some stores and resturants.

Thanks Again

Old 10-12-2009, 01:52 PM

3 posts, read 10,818 times
[quote=ironrun1;11127227]Thanks so much for helping putting me on the right track.

School is not a concern but I am intersted in a being in a safe area that is not classified as economically depressed. Hopefully an area that has access to some stores and restaurants.

I live up 321 from I20 7 miles and I love it here.
we have a lake at the end of the road and theres two properties for sale in my subdivision and these lots all have at least one acre to over two acres of land with them. Its quiet here and theres deer and rabbits and Ive seen quail in my back yard. I dont know what your financial status is but theres a nice 3 bedroom 2 bath modular home on 2.25 acres for 58 thousand.
I have no traffic problems like those people who live in the Irmo area do everyday. you can goodle earth where the property is by inputting gloria trail columbia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area