Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 05:02 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,563,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceezer View Post
That seems to be the name of their game. They have 13 locations in Toledo alone, plus more in suburbs like Rossford, Maumee, etc.

But, then, maybe that's not a lot (sure seems like it). Rush's has 8 locations in Columbia, which doesn't seem like there's too many, and Toledo is 2-3x bigger than Columbia
Actually, Columbia's MSA was significantly larger than Toledo's in the 2010 census. Toledo's was 651,429 and Columbia's was 767,598.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM

435 posts, read 1,530,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
I've never put two seconds worth of time wondering whether something will fail or not. It it makes it, wonderful. If it fails, next!
From a purely consumer perspective - you're right. W

But from someone who wants to see businesses succeed and have a stable commercial base, I wish them well. That particular strip center they are in unfortunately seems to have some sort of curse and there has been very high turnover in eating establishments there. Only a San Jose Mexican restaurant (which seems bullet proof and expands like mushrooms) seems to have survived, but they moved up the street to nicer digs at the former Santorini Grill Greek restaurant which went out of business.

In other words, I don't want them to be another post on Columbia Closings.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:57 AM

8,238 posts, read 13,357,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi2Midlands View Post
From a purely consumer perspective - you're right. W

But from someone who wants to see businesses succeed and have a stable commercial base, I wish them well. That particular strip center they are in unfortunately seems to have some sort of curse and there has been very high turnover in eating establishments there. Only a San Jose Mexican restaurant (which seems bullet proof and expands like mushrooms) seems to have survived, but they moved up the street to nicer digs at the former Santorini Grill Greek restaurant which went out of business.

In other words, I don't want them to be another post on Columbia Closings.

WOW.. CICI Pizza on North Main is closed??? Say it aint so..That was in the new North Main Street Plaza that is part of the revitalization of North COlumbia.. Seems like they just opened..Wonder what happened. I saw of couple of places on that link that are now closed that I had now idea that they were gone....

Old 09-02-2011, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
Actually, Columbia's MSA was significantly larger than Toledo's in the 2010 census. Toledo's was 651,429 and Columbia's was 767,598.

Ahh beautiful downtown Toledo.... I can see it in my dreams....

Old 09-02-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlands View Post
WOW.. CICI Pizza on North Main is closed??? Say it aint so..That was in the new North Main Street Plaza that is part of the revitalization of North COlumbia.. Seems like they just opened..Wonder what happened. I saw of couple of places on that link that are now closed that I had now idea that they were gone....
I live near there and Cici's wasn't the type of restaurant any of my neighbors were looking for. I'm sorry it closed, but it didn't fill any needs I had in the neighborhood.

Old 09-02-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
I live near there and Cici's wasn't the type of restaurant any of my neighbors were looking for. I'm sorry it closed, but it didn't fill any needs I had in the neighborhood.

It seems like that this would be an excellent location for the much desired "local business". There has to be a variety of potential options from coffee/sandwich shop or even a nice soul food cafe (Macs on North Main) that could make a go of this location...Its a nice building and a well traveled location. There is a little farmers market across the street in addition a historic looking row of downtown like storefronts. This area from Monticello to this plaza could become "downtown Eau Claire". I do think the area should also look to include some festivals/events at Hyatt Park which is a block away to bring more attention to this district

Old 09-03-2011, 04:52 AM

12,912 posts, read 18,756,320 times
Columbia will be getting South Carolina's first World of Beer in the Vista.

World of Beer - WOB - Locations: Tampa | Westchase | South Tampa | Carrollwood | Tampa Palms | Sarasota | St. Petersburg | St. Pete | Melbourne | Viera | Coconut Creek | Orlando | Lake Mary | West Palm Beach | UCF | Dadeland | Land O'Lakes | Clematis

Old 09-04-2011, 12:40 AM

They only have 14 locations and they're opening 4 in the 4th quarter of this year; I hope they're not trying to expand too quickly.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:06 AM

12,912 posts, read 18,756,320 times
They couldn't have chosen a better spot in Columbia.

Old 09-04-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
They couldn't have chosen a better spot in Columbia.
I know they'll be in the Vista, but do you know what location it will be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area