U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2010, 09:38 PM

3 posts, read 4,908 times

Advertisements

23 year old guy here from Midwest, relocating for my first job out of college to South Carolina. Going to be working everyday in Lugoff, but looking to live somewhere with other younger professionals. Hoping I could get some suggestions on some apartments that will be a good time with a younger crow to check out when coming down there in two weeks/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2010, 10:49 PM

8,857 posts, read 17,458,799 times
Spears Creek has a nice newer apt complex that would be a good place to check out.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:24 AM

843 posts, read 2,400,506 times
Are you looking for a party-centric area, or just close to activities/things to do? If the latter, I would probably look at the apartments on/around Sparkleberry. You'd be close to work and can avoid traffic issues (you'd be just around the corner from the I20 ramps then a quick jaunt to Lugoff), and you'd be close to Sandhills & that end of Two Notch. If you're active, Sesquicentinial State Park is just minutes away. That area of Cola doesn't feel as 'suffocating' as other parts do so, depending on what part of the Midwest you're from, you may also be a bit more comfortable here.

I don't know what the "night life" is like in that area so if that's what you're looking for then you'll probably want to be downtown somewhere. Keep in mind that's going to substantially add to your commute times (and frustration) and probably cost of living
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or