U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-14-2010, 06:15 AM

10 posts, read 15,422 times
Thanks for the suggestions. Hope that there will be more!

I do plan on going to the State Capital. I've heard it's beautiful.

What lake is it that offers cruises? We would soooo love to see the martin thing - does anyone have any info on that? My husband really loves to see birds.

We went to Huddle House to compare it to Waffle House. LOL

Last weekend we went to Florence to the Civil War museum and the Art museum there... not too impressed with either but it was nice to get out of the house.

On the way back we saw Lee State Park and thought we'd check out the campgrounds. Really glad we did! Decided that this was NOT a place to go camping during the summer. At the campgrounds our truck was surrounded by horseflies.

Looking for more places to go - we think that Greenville might be our next trip.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 06:50 AM

828 posts, read 914,998 times
Quote:
What lake is it that offers cruises? We would soooo love to see the martin thing - does anyone have any info on that? My husband really loves to see birds.
That would be in my neck of the woods:

Lake Murray Cruises - The Spirit of Lake Murray - Home of The Spirit of Lake Murray (http://www.spiritoflakemurray.com/home - broken link)

The spirit of Lake Murray has a number of different cruises available. It is a clean, well run business that we have frequented a number of times. Although we have never taken the Purple Martin cruise several of our friends have and loved it.
Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area