Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2006, 06:54 PM

5 posts, read 14,140 times

Advertisements

i have looked at some small convenient/gas-station store business in west columbia. i guess u can say near Airport area. and i wanted some feedback from the people who had/has been living there. or someone with good knowledge please post your thoughts and ideas.

i am looking for crime-rate, future developments, population growth etc, race.

If you can help that would be apprciated. Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2006, 12:06 PM

5 posts, read 17,484 times
I have lived in West Columbia all my life, and would be glad to tell you what I know. Some areas of West Columbia are very nice, some are kinda iffy. It would really depend on what specific areas? It is growing though, as Columbia is spreading rapidly.

Old 08-09-2006, 08:16 AM

5 posts, read 30,782 times
I lived on Church Street years ago before moving to NC.At that time,the only crime I heard of was a young man slipped and nearly hung himself in the service station.At one time the station was owned by the Studemire family.I was friends with their daughter Sheryl.I'm not sure if they are still around or not.

Old 08-12-2006, 04:27 AM

5 posts, read 14,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie
I lived on Church Street years ago before moving to NC.At that time,the only crime I heard of was a young man slipped and nearly hung himself in the service station.At one time the station was owned by the Studemire family.I was friends with their daughter Sheryl.I'm not sure if they are still around or not.
cookie sorry to say but that tells me nothing about the area of today.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:56 PM

5 posts, read 22,916 times
As thewingate4 has said, the area is growing fast. I have only lived here for four years and the growth is incredible. As anywhere, there are good areas and bad. But, coming from New England none of the areas are really all that bad. The North and the South have two separate ideas of what bad crime is. The area is fairly diverse in W Cola and opportunities are everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area