Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2011, 10:41 AM

28 posts, read 82,695 times

Advertisements

Synovus Financial Corp. has announced it will eliminate 850 jobs this year, 470 of those in the next 30 days. The bank holding company has not said how many of the lost jobs will be in Columbus.BCBS laid off an entire floor locally as well but managed to keep it out of the news.Ledger-Enquirer.com | 01/10/2011 | Synovus to slash 850 jobs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2011, 10:44 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,574,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastmaster View Post
Synovus Financial Corp. has announced it will eliminate 850 jobs this year, 470 of those in the next 30 days. The bank holding company has not said how many of the lost jobs will be in Columbus.BCBS laid off an entire floor locally as well but managed to keep it out of the news.Ledger-Enquirer.com | 01/10/2011 | Synovus to slash 850 jobs
Bet that made your day . Once the banking industry recovers, I imagine Synovus will rebound. A lot will be done through attrition. No big bank has been immune to the downturn.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Bet that made your day . Once the banking industry recovers, I imagine Synovus will rebound. A lot will be done through attrition. No big bank has been immune to the downturn.
I think this puts a major hole in your posts about job growth etc locally.
Please no more excuses

When you make posts about a traffic roundabout being big news you lost me

Old 01-10-2011, 02:14 PM

Synovus Financial Corp. today laid out details of its long-anticipated downsizing and expense cuts, saying it is eliminating 850 positions companywide on top of 300 it already had whittled from its ranks in the last half of 2010.The total of 1,150 jobs equates to roughly 18 percent of the Columbus-based regional banking firm’s Sept. 30 reported work force of 6,257. And that number itself is down from the company’s peak of 7,331 employees in early 2008 prior to a previous restructuring called “Project Optimus.”

Old 01-12-2011, 10:49 PM

81 posts, read 106,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Take your negativity somewhere else please. It is sad to see you take delight in these peoples misfortunes. Shame on you.
Hmmm . . .I just reviewed Pastmasters posts on Synovus in this thread . . . I didn't see "Negativity" . . . I saw simple statements of "reality" Columbus1984.

If I missed something "negative" in pastmasters posts in this thread, Columbus 1984 . . .please . . .by all means correct me, quote him.
Officials, Developers, Chamber of Commerce types, etc. who see realities as something to be kept buried and hidden from their communities are dangerous to their communities, simple as that.

Columbus is being overdeveloped, and FAR too quickly, with FAR too little concern for the less profitable stuff . . . like actual infrastructure, and residents will pay the price for the incompetence of the leaders of the community.

Am I "negative?" against people trying to sell the community "magic beans" . . .you bet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA