Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 07:15 AM

242 posts, read 340,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta-Kid View Post

Not like Atlanta, but a little on point, Macon can be in the skyline range by height but never size or Metro. but they can become popular because they are EXACTLY on I-75.

We all know thats impossible because GA does have the pop to support 2 cities with metros of 5 Million people.... I think what someone missed by our recent post was that Macon has potential to become another hot spot giving Ga another 1 tier city like Florida's Jacksonville/Miami/Tampa or Ohio's Cleveland/Columbus/Dayton or Tennesse"s Nashville/Memphis/Knoxville... None of these cities have the same size metro but there are considered a 1 tier city in their state.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmandr View Post
This kind of thing makes me laugh. Agreed. Add every city in Georgia including the metro area and multiply it by 2 and they still would not equal Atlanta's over 5,000,000 metro population. Atlanta is the 10th largest metropolitan area in North America.
It's hirlarious you and the other guy even thought we meant that literally ..... Read between the lines.....

Old 12-15-2011, 12:07 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,841,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon478 View Post
Stop hating, for one thing we one that sure won't, Can you guess? Let me help you COLUMBUS!!!

30-40 years ago no one ever thought Atlanta would be the city it is now either; but now it drawfs some of the US great cities of past.....
Oh please Atlanta skyline start growing in the early 1960's,once they got the interstate and the economy start grow.

But what happen to macon economy at that time?

I mean,everyone seems to be getting Jobs in Columbus or Augusta at that time.

Old 12-15-2011, 12:21 PM

6,538 posts, read 12,030,552 times
Quote:
We all know thats impossible because GA does have the pop to support 2 cities with metros of 5 Million people.... I think what someone missed by our recent post was that Macon has potential to become another hot spot giving Ga another 1 tier city like Florida's Jacksonville/Miami/Tampa or Ohio's Cleveland/Columbus/Dayton or Tennesse"s Nashville/Memphis/Knoxville... None of these cities have the same size metro but there are considered a 1 tier city in their state.....
You left out Cincinnati for Ohio. I would have put that instead of Dayton. Just had to point that out. You make a valid point though. I still think Savannah is Georgia's #2 city, and might be the closest thing to becoming a 1 tier city. I would love to see that city develop its skyline along the river, but I think it could ruin its historical architecture (that's why many European cities do not have a modern skyline in their central areas). Macon and Augusta have the most potential to expand their skylines.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
Oh please Atlanta skyline start growing in the early 1960's,once they got the interstate and the economy start grow.

But what happen to macon economy at that time?

I mean,everyone seems to be getting Jobs in Columbus or Augusta at that time.

What are you talking about, Atlanta didn't have much of a skyline in the 60's; Atlanta went through a major building boom from the mid-1980s to the early 1990s.
List of tallest buildings in Atlanta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So the next time you use info make sure its right....

Old 12-15-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
You left out Cincinnati for Ohio. I would have put that instead of Dayton. Just had to point that out. You make a valid point though. I still think Savannah is Georgia's #2 city, and might be the closest thing to becoming a 1 tier city. I would love to see that city develop its skyline along the river, but I think it could ruin its historical architecture (that's why many European cities do not have a modern skyline in their central areas). Macon and Augusta have the most potential to expand their skylines.

I think because Savannah has so many restrictions on developments to perserve its historical architectural look; I feel is going hinder Savannah in a lot ways..... Too much red tape to get projects approved because of that....

Old 12-15-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about, Atlanta didn't have much of a skyline in the 60's; Atlanta went through a major building boom from the mid-1980s to the early 1990s.
List of tallest buildings in Atlanta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So the next time you use info make sure its right....
Oops but my facts are correct!
And I didn't say Atlanta had a skyline back in the 1960's.
I clearly said Atlanta start building their skyline in the early 1960's,when they starting working on the interstate.
Which is indeed a fact!

A picture of that fact!

http://www.library.gsu.edu/spcoll/sp...BGPF6-065a.jpg

Old 12-15-2011, 10:33 PM

Default Interstate i-85 & i-185 getting build.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA