Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2014, 08:18 AM

427 posts, read 550,623 times

Advertisements

*sigh* still waiting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2014, 01:13 PM

147 posts, read 232,745 times
When it comes to selecting new cities to build locations in, what does Costco like to see in terms of demographics (for both population density and income)?

Old 05-04-2014, 08:27 PM

FWIW: I found the mayor of Columbus on fb and I said that inhad just moved to Columbus, I was still adjusting to the south., and I needed Costco to build a warehouse in Columbus.

She said: "Ha! Welcome Kevin. We are so glad to have you. Yes, there are several developers after Costco and Trader Joes. If they have their way, it won't be long!"

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 05-05-2014, 04:43 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,650,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2belds97 View Post
FWIW: I found the mayor of Columbus on fb and I said that inhad just moved to Columbus, I was still adjusting to the south., and I needed Costco to build a warehouse in Columbus.

She said: "Ha! Welcome Kevin. We are so glad to have you. Yes, there are several developers after Costco and Trader Joes. If they have their way, it won't be long!"

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
Very encouraging news.

Old 05-05-2014, 06:36 AM

Yeah it is!!! Who can we call?! I will be the first person in line! And then upgrade my membership lol

Old 05-10-2014, 12:32 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,189 times
Armour, maybe. Who knows.

Old 06-24-2014, 10:31 AM

Just read on another read here that Costco is hiring for food demonstrators in Columbus.... WHY?

Old 06-25-2014, 06:53 PM

Hmmm just saw in another thread that when Columbus is suggested as a new location, their response has gone from "we don't have any plans" to "we don't have any PUBLIC INFORMATION"...

Could just be the wording but still....

Old 07-16-2014, 10:43 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,650,170 times
Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market Coming

A Walmart Neighborhood Market, the mega-retailer’s grocery store format, is planned for Manchester Expressway, adjacent to Columbus Technical College.

The 41,983-square-foot store is to be built on just over eight acres at 1042 Manchester Expressway, the former home of Daniel Elementary School, said Matt Sasser, an Atlanta-based developer representing applicant, Bright-Meyers Manchester LLC, as Wednesday’s Columbus Planning Advisory Commission.

Construction will start in the first quarter of next year.

Bright-Meyers Manchester is seeking to have the property rezoned from residential multifamily to general commercial. The Muscogee County School District is listed as the owner of the land and empty brick structure on it, according to a city staff report. In May, the Muscogee County School Board approved a “right to purchase agreement” with Bright-Meyers, with a price tag of $1,225,000.

The Walmart Neighborhood Market will be accompanied by 10,500 square feet of additional retail space, along with a 12-pump gas station operated by Walmart.

This is the second Walmart project to surface this year, with the retailer unveiling plans in May to open a 150,000-square-foot supercenter off Victory Drive in south Columbus, where Baker High School once stood. The 18-acre site will include about 21,000 square feet of additional retail space.

Old 07-17-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market Coming

A Walmart Neighborhood Market, the mega-retailer’s grocery store format, is planned for Manchester Expressway, adjacent to Columbus Technical College.

The 41,983-square-foot store is to be built on just over eight acres at 1042 Manchester Expressway, the former home of Daniel Elementary School, said Matt Sasser, an Atlanta-based developer representing applicant, Bright-Meyers Manchester LLC, as Wednesday’s Columbus Planning Advisory Commission.

Construction will start in the first quarter of next year.

Bright-Meyers Manchester is seeking to have the property rezoned from residential multifamily to general commercial. The Muscogee County School District is listed as the owner of the land and empty brick structure on it, according to a city staff report. In May, the Muscogee County School Board approved a “right to purchase agreement” with Bright-Meyers, with a price tag of $1,225,000.

The Walmart Neighborhood Market will be accompanied by 10,500 square feet of additional retail space, along with a 12-pump gas station operated by Walmart.

This is the second Walmart project to surface this year, with the retailer unveiling plans in May to open a 150,000-square-foot supercenter off Victory Drive in south Columbus, where Baker High School once stood. The 18-acre site will include about 21,000 square feet of additional retail space.
Dang! I was hoping this was a Costco post lol but still cool... Is there a URL?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA