Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 12:36 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,845,262 times

Advertisements

The Muscogee County School Board will consider the potential closing of Edgewood during a called meeting at 5 p.m. Wednesday.

Edgewood is the only facility named in the meeting notice the administration emailed Tuesday afternoon. Since then, no administrator has been made available to explain the proposal. In response to the Ledger-Enquirer's request for any documents pertaining to the potential closing of Edgewood, district communications director Valerie Fuller replied in an email, "There are no documents responsive to your request.

"School board members the Ledger-Enquirer contacted this past week said they weren't aware of such a plan and haven't seen a proposal, although they did acknowledge that interim Superintendent John Phillips has said tough decisions were coming in the wake of state budget cuts.

Muscogee County School Board to consider closing Edgewood Elementary School | Latest News | Columbus Ledger Enquirer

This is sad!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 12:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,292 times
I literally gasped when I read the title of this post. I was unaware they were considering closing Edgewood. I attended first through fourth grade there, lived within walking distance (Althea Drive), and I have a lot of fond memories of that school. My 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Lewis, was the best. I got bullied because I was (and still am) very short and she looked out for me. She marked my height on the wall outside the classroom, just to see if I'd grow any that year. Every time I think about it I wonder if it's still there. It'd be a shame if they closed the school. It was (and I hope it still is) a big part of the neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
View detailed profiles of: