Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 06:35 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,642,473 times

Advertisements

Columbus is booming when it comes to restaurant establishments. Several new developments are bringing some new/existing eateries to the city.

New offerings include Chipotle Mexican Grill, Panda Express, Huey Luey's, Cheeseburger Bobby's, Newk's Cafe, Uncle Maddio's Pizza Joint, Erbert & Gerbert's, Yogli Mogli and La Madeleine.

But also stepping up to the plate for hungry folks are eateries looking to add a location in the city. Those include Chili Thai, Chicken Salad Chick, Sugga's and Moe's Southwest Grill, along with another Hardee's, McDonald's and Subway in a growing area of Columbus.

Adams Brokerage Co. has just broken ground on a 9,800-square-foot strip center adjacent to the Arby's outlet on Whittlesey Boulevard at Columbus Park Crossing, with Chipotle Mexican Grill and Panda Express anchoring the space, which could have up to six tenants in all when it opens in the fall.

But that's not all for Adams Brokerage, which also should break ground this summer on a 28,900-square-foot strip center on Veterans Parkway, adjacent to McAlister's Deli and across from Lowe's. The center will have between seven and 14 tenants when it makes its debut early next year.

The center's layout currently looks to have Huey Luey's, a Mexican food concept, and Newk's Cafe on each end of it. In between those so far are Cheeseburger Bobby's and Uncle Maddio's Pizza Joint.

Suburban Midland continues to explode with growth. Lakeside Village at Beaver Run is approaching the moment when several new restaurants will open their doors.

So far, those committed to the center -- which fronts the new 263-unit Lakeside Village Apartments -- include Chicken Salad Chick (already at The Landings), Moe's Southwest Grill, Yogli Mogli Frozen Yogurt, My Favorite Muffin, Hardee's and Subway. That development will open August 15th with building opening in the fall.

The Midland development will have about 36,000-square-feet of restaurant and retail space at full build-out, enough for up to 14 tenants. The project also includes seven outparcels.

Another Midland development is in the works. Billings Crossings development adjacent to Walmart is poised to begin construction on a 7,700-square-foot center that will have up to five tenants.

It should open by November with at least a couple of restaurants. One of the tenants will be Ebert & Gerbert's Sandwich Shop, a Wisconsin-based eatery that also will have a location on Whittlesey Road, in the Bradley Park Drive area which should open July 1st.

The developer has room for three to four more strip centers.

McDonald's is also building a new store in Midland.

Existing Expansions

Chili Thai, which already has a restaurant at 5870 Veterans Parkway in north Columbus, is slowly but surely getting things ready for a second location at 19 West 10th St. in downtown Columbus. They just closed the purchase of the property last week.

Then there's Sugga's, a Southern cooking establishment on 18th Avenue in Columbus, which is opening a location at Harmony Place near the corner of Airport Thruway and Whitesville Road. It should open the first week of June.

And, finally, it hasn't found where it wants to land in Columbus yet. But la Madaleine, a Dallas-based French bakery cafe, with three locations in Atlanta, is looking to put two of the cafe's in Columbus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 01:29 PM

Old 05-14-2013, 01:52 PM

192 posts, read 385,073 times
Hurray!!!! for Uncle Maddio's! Better to me than Our Pie, but similar concept.

Actually - I tell folks it's the pizza equivalent to Moe's.

Love, love, LOVE Uncle Maddio's!

Old 05-14-2013, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet View Post

Really nice to see Columbus getting restaurants first in Georgia outside of Atlanta. It shows just how strong the restaurant market is here in Columbus.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:44 PM

147 posts, read 232,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabernet View Post

Is it really better than Our Pie? I went there (Our Pie) twice and the pizza was rather flavorless both times. :-/

Old 05-20-2013, 09:46 AM

Yes, it's really better than Our Pie. I also was disappointed in Our Pie. But I was comparing it to Uncle Maddio's and hoping it would be a good "substitute" for my Uncle Maddio's cravings. It wasn't.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:54 AM

322 posts, read 602,486 times
The only thing about Our Pie that I was disappointed about was the prices.... for the fam and I it was like $45-50...that's steep when I can order any other Pizza for under $25 and have leftovers, but that's not the point is it.... Personal pizzas = big $ = don't bring the entire family

Old 05-21-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRd View Post
The only thing about Our Pie that I was disappointed about was the prices.... for the fam and I it was like $45-50...that's steep when I can order any other Pizza for under $25 and have leftovers, but that's not the point is it.... Personal pizzas = big $ = don't bring the entire family
I don't recall Our Pie's prices - but Uncle Maddio's will have BOGO coupons when they hit the area. It's $6.99 or $6.49 for a personal pizza sized pizza - but you can also order larger pizza's for the family. And I'm sure they have kid sized that are less (though I don't have children, so I haven't paid particular attention to that).

Every time I have been in an Uncle Maddio's, there are always families there.

Old 05-21-2013, 01:48 PM

201 posts, read 350,199 times
I agree Your Pie is HIGH for a family..

Old 05-21-2013, 09:31 PM

4,582 posts, read 8,967,180 times
Wow. Erbert & Gerbert's. I didn't even know they had those outside of the midwest. Looked at the locations and Columbus has the honor of having the first one outside of Atlanta. 2nd in the entire southeast. Congrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA