Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2014, 08:01 PM

183 posts, read 254,370 times

Advertisements

In a quest to learn as much about my new home (before I get there)... can you tell me:

1) Does Harris County have a leash law? I doubt that it does, but I sure hope it does.

2) I can't seem to find any info about recycling. Doesn't appear that there is a recycle pick-up with trash pick up. Can anyone tell me what the options are for recycling? There's no way that I can in good conscience throw away things that I've put in recycle for years and years.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as our move-in date approaches... but for now that's all I can think of.

Thx!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2014, 08:39 AM

1,405 posts, read 1,854,740 times
Regarding leashes:

Quote:
Sec. 5-47. Control of dogs and cats; nuisance animals.

(a)
Owner responsibility. The owner shall be held responsible for the actions of all domesticated animals under his ownership, custody, supervision, or control.
(b)
Leash required in public parks. Without regard to other provisions of this article or other sections of this Code, it shall be unlawful for owners of dogs or cats to allow, permit or by negligence fail to prevent, such animals from being in public parks and recreation areas, unless restrained by a leash and under the control of a responsible person.
(c)
Leash required in subdivisions. No person shall allow any animal, whether domesticated or undomesticated, to run or be at large within a subdivision as defined under section 5-43 of this article. All animals within a subdivision as defined herein shall be confined indoors or outdoors and if outdoors shall be in a building, fenced pen or yard, electrified fence, or electronic fence on its owner's property or on the property of another person with the other person's consent, adequate to prevent contact with the general public. Further, all owners or keepers of any dogs within a subdivision shall confine the dogs in such a manner that continuous barking by such animals will not disturb adjacent landowners.
Regarding recylcing, the county does not have a pick-up recycling program but you can drop off newspapers, magazines, aluminum cans are the garbage transfer centers listed below:

10244 Highway 116, Hamilton
4885 Highway 27, Cataula
592 Harrisville Road

Old 06-11-2014, 08:49 AM

183 posts, read 254,370 times
Great. Thanks for the info, amyers3!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA