Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2009, 11:52 AM

44 posts, read 90,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
Not once did he say this. You must have not read his post. If you read it, he mentions that anytihng that happens in Columbus happens in other cities as well. I was downtown last night and not once did I see any trouble. I saw families with children enjoying the festivities.

Your remarks, and those of other haters on this site are just flat out lies was his quote.

As they always say...out of sight out of mind.
You better read the post again as I think you missed the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 02:31 PM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,187,256 times
Here we go again! Changing screen names to continue saying the same old worn out, tired jibber jabber about how bad the place you live (supposedly live) is. If you don't like the place move to Montgomery, Macon, Augusta, Atlanta, Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Savannah, Jacksonville, Athens, Columbia, Chattanooga, Charlotte, or... I hear they are all like heaven right about now. Just plain perfect. No crime, ghettos, taxes or traffic, just plain perfect.

Old 07-05-2009, 03:31 PM

88 posts, read 205,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA View Post
Here we go again! Changing screen names to continue saying the same old worn out, tired jibber jabber about how bad the place you live (supposedly live) is. If you don't like the place move to Montgomery, Macon, Augusta, Atlanta, Birmingham, Huntsville, Mobile, Savannah, Jacksonville, Athens, Columbia, Chattanooga, Charlotte, or... I hear they are all like heaven right about now. Just plain perfect. No crime, ghettos, taxes or traffic, just plain perfect.
It seems as though you only pop up to spout your mini sermons to the dark side or is it just me maybe?
The cities you mention have all done exceedingly better than Columbus over the years so who really cares.
Columbus has and always will be a slow mediocre community with high poverty and crime rates regardless of what the rest of the world is doing.
I say deal with it because you probably couldn't make it in any of these other towns you speak of anyway so why worry.
Columbus population increase was less than 200 people last year and now comes 20k BRAC personnel with no sign of any preparations being made by the city and will not bring economic growth but rather higher unemployment and crime/taxes.

Last edited by BradleyCasonga; 07-05-2009 at 03:53 PM..

Old 07-05-2009, 04:11 PM

117 posts, read 507,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
For the people in the area between Albany and Columbus, they'd rather hang out in Albany.
Since when? Everyone I know who lives in that area will not set foot in Albany because of its extremely high crime, lack of business and gang activity.

Columbus is the hub of West Central and much of Southwest Georgia and a lot of East Alabama. It has a lot more businesses, stores, and activities than Albany GA does by far.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyCasonga View Post
It seems as though you only pop up to spout your mini sermons to the dark side or is it just me maybe?
The cities you mention have all done exceedingly better than Columbus over the years so who really cares.
Columbus has and always will be a slow mediocre community with high poverty and crime rates regardless of what the rest of the world is doing.
I say deal with it because you probably couldn't make it in any of these other towns you speak of anyway so why worry.
Columbus population increase was less than 200 people last year and now comes 20k BRAC personnel with no sign of any preparations being made by the city and will not bring economic growth but rather higher unemployment and crime/taxes.
Again it seems Columbus is attacked, with the population being accused of living in relative poverty. Not quite sure where this misconception comes from? Next thing you'll say is that Columbus is unsafe. . ha

Columbus and the whole Chattahoochee Valley have made significant preparations for BRAC, there is an entire regional management plan in place.

Fort Benning and the Valley - Home

Old 07-05-2009, 04:25 PM

[quote=Dart03;9614246]Again it seems Columbus is attacked, with the population being accused of living in relative poverty. Not quite sure where this misconception comes from? Next thing you'll say is that Columbus is unsafe. . ha

Columbus and the whole Chattahoochee Valley have made significant preparations for BRAC, there is an entire regional management plan in place.

Fort Benning and the Valley - Home[/quote

Regional plan has been in place for years and little if anything has been done.
City Council were quoted last week as saying they will wait to see if they will need to upgrade school systems.....wth?
The poverty levels and crime are plain to see on several previous posts.
If you can google your above site than I am sure you will find the rest.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart03 View Post
Since when? Everyone I know who lives in that area will not set foot in Albany because of its extremely high crime, lack of business and gang activity.

Columbus is the hub of West Central and much of Southwest Georgia and a lot of East Alabama. It has a lot more businesses, stores, and activities than Albany GA does by far.
Bigger doesn't make it better....you should know that!!
Why pick on Albany when you say every city has the same issues?
Auburn/Opelika are definitely the undisputed hub of west central ga/ala as Columbus is only a poverty/crime hub these days.

Old 07-05-2009, 04:47 PM

913 posts, read 2,985,509 times
Quote:
Auburn/Opelika are definitely the undisputed hub of west central ga/ala as Columbus is only a poverty/crime hub these days.
God would you give it up....you couldn't be more wrong!

Old 07-05-2009, 05:02 PM

150 posts, read 395,326 times
Be patient fellow Columbus residents. Our time is coming when we will emerge as the fastest growing, most progressive city outside of Atlanta. BRAC, as many know, will be bringing 28,000 well behaved residents to our area. The opportunities for growth are endless. We are already preparing with additional housing and retail space planned. In response to the OP, I say this: Columbus does not have to have a skyline to be a progressive or any better than Macon. By the way Macon has a downtown riddled with barred windows, boreded up shops, and could learn a lot from downtown Columbus- which is called Uptown. Columbus officials took a trip to Tampa a few months back to learn how it can improve what it already has. Macon could benefit from this. What was the other qu. the OP asked, no clubs in Columbus? Columbus has a great nightlife downtown and on Veterans Pkwy. Macon does have direct interstate access. Columbus has I-185 and I-85(the busiest interstate in the south if not the country) 20 minutes away. Columbus is in a perfect position for future growth.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
What poverty/crime? And please do not refer to your so called "crime-wave" in the Downtown and Uptown areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA