Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2015, 02:49 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,149,130 times

Advertisements

Even though it will be in Phenix City, it will be great for Uptown as well...
Quote:
A food truck court will open up along the Cattahoochee River in Phenix City. The Phenix City Redevelopment Authority board approved two resolutions at Thursday's meeting that will allow food trucks to become a permanent fixture in Phenix City.

The vendors will set up on a space being rented from the W.C. Bradley Company at the Phenix Plaza Shopping Center.

The Economic Development Manager of Phenix City said vendors will pay $100 a month to be in the park for the first six months with the understanding the permit fee could go up after those initial six months. Officials approved the $5,000 budget for buying tables, chairs and storage for the park.

Spices from the Caribbean has both a restaurant and food truck. Spices will have a food truck located in the park next to the Marriott. Earlisha Jones, Spices manager, said she enjoys working on the food truck.

"It's hot, but it is very fun. It's like going on a field trip as a kid. We pack everything up, we go to the events. It's kind of just like a mobile restaurant," Jones said.

Project officials said the food truck court will be open from 11:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. for lunch and 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for dinner. They said the food truck court should be open the first week in June.
Food truck court to open up along the Chattahoochee River - WRBL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 03:43 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,833,951 times
Uptown don't want a food truck because they think it might hurt business.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:45 PM

69 posts, read 121,063 times
The best lunch experiences I've ever had were at food truck courts in Atlanta, Austin and Fort Worth. It's so awesome for a city's growth. I hope it brings some shoppers on foot like it does in larger cities!

Last edited by Stinky Rose; 05-22-2015 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-22-2015, 11:15 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,621,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
Uptown don't want a food truck because they think it might hurt business.
That has nothing to do with it. The current laws/rules are different. Columbus will get food trucks. They already bring some down for certain events. It will happen.

Old 06-12-2015, 02:20 PM

69 posts, read 121,063 times
Grand opening is tonight!!

Old 06-13-2015, 11:37 AM

13 posts, read 12,456 times
Spices closes in uptown and sell to young entreps and opens up a food truck in PC.
Now that is what I call progress.......lol.
Huge.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:45 PM

461 posts, read 515,633 times
Why do you continue to waste your time on this forum? I think we all get it, you hate everything about Columbus. When I first came to this site I just wanted to hear about new things possibly coming to the area. 5years later I want to know what I can do to make this city better. Don't get me wrong, there are some here who are blind to the issues this city faces but you coming in with the sole purpose of tearing down any positive comment is no better. Check out this site. Vision for a Greater Columbus, Georgia - Electric City Life

If more people got together to figure out solutions instead of just complaining about how bad it is here it just might get better. Unless you live under a rock, you have to have seen the positive changes the last few years. Are we where we want to be? Absolutely not but at least there are people trying to get us there.

Old 06-14-2015, 01:32 AM

124 posts, read 205,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
Even though it will be in Phenix City, it will be great for Uptown as well...

Food truck court to open up along the Chattahoochee River - WRBL

This is great news for phenix city. But im not understanding this yesterday I came off the 13th street bridge and turned onto 3rd avenue the street infront of the phenix city courtyard marriott and did not even see one food truck setup out there anywhere and i found that weird and that was on a saturday being yesterday june 13,2014. You would think on the weekends they would surely have the food trucks setup but they didn't.

Last edited by columbusgametro; 06-14-2015 at 01:47 AM..

Old 06-15-2015, 11:31 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,621,438 times
This could grow into something nice.

Old 06-15-2015, 02:33 PM

178 posts, read 209,151 times
Looks like Phenix City is giving uptown a run for their money.
Uptown merchants have been worried about this happening since it was first spoken about at meetings a few months ago.
I guess they are worried they might have to compete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
View detailed profiles of: