Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 02:25 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,841,604 times

Advertisements

Three young entrepreneurs recently purchased a downtown Columbus building and plan to turn it into a craft beer bar.

Miles Greathouse, Garrett Lawrence and Robert Battle, equal partners in Beverage Holdings International LLC, closed on a deal to buy the 7,200-square-foot property at 1239 Broadway last Friday. Greathouse and Lawrence are partners in Maltitude, a craft beer retail store in the 1000 block of Broadway.

Read more here: Young entrepreneurs buy old Spices Lounge building on Broadway | Business | Columbus Ledger Enquirer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2015, 02:57 PM

1,405 posts, read 1,850,006 times
Great group of guys, they'll do great!

Old 06-12-2015, 02:58 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,642,473 times
Excellent news for downtown. Amazed at everything that is going on!

Old 06-13-2015, 11:34 AM

13 posts, read 12,484 times
In with the new and out with the old in good old uptown.
Businesses change hands and open and close like a revolving door.
Remember that amazing corner business with open deck second floor and WHITE SEATING that was supposed to be huge and great addition.....did not last barely a year and is now be repurchased as well.
A very long list of failures in an otherwise huge and prospering area.

Old 06-13-2015, 02:51 PM

322 posts, read 602,486 times
Janet, not an attack here, strictly a questions. This is a case of a old building being purchased by a group of business owners to redevelop and conduct business. That's a good thing, and that's not debatable. Referencing another business that as you say changed hands - and by all accounts is doing pretty good these days.... what's the motivation with your post?

Would you rather the buildings remain vacant? Is it in poor taste that these guys are taking a risk? I'm seriously wondering how this endeavor relates to your example.

I'll hang up and listen to your argument. But I suspect like many you more than likely have some distain for certain more sunshine pumping/pro-Columbus folk that it just seemed like a really good idea to try and make a snarky comment.... bless your heart.

Old 06-13-2015, 05:33 PM

463 posts, read 518,831 times
You are on a roll dude. I agree with you.

Old 06-13-2015, 10:41 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,642,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRd View Post
Janet, not an attack here, strictly a questions. This is a case of a old building being purchased by a group of business owners to redevelop and conduct business. That's a good thing, and that's not debatable. Referencing another business that as you say changed hands - and by all accounts is doing pretty good these days.... what's the motivation with your post?

Would you rather the buildings remain vacant? Is it in poor taste that these guys are taking a risk? I'm seriously wondering how this endeavor relates to your example.

I'll hang up and listen to your argument. But I suspect like many you more than likely have some distain for certain more sunshine pumping/pro-Columbus folk that it just seemed like a really good idea to try and make a snarky comment.... bless your heart.
Haha great post.

Old 06-13-2015, 11:24 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,841,604 times
Meanwhile....there is a good chance that the Bradley and Rialto could reopen from this growth.

Bradley-1,640 seats (didn't know it was that big)
Bradley Theatre in Columbus, GA - Cinema Treasures

Rialto-680 seats
Rialto Theater in Columbus, GA - Cinema Treasures

BTW,Does anyone know if the Bradley is still owned by W.C Bradley or has it been turn over to Carmike?

Old 06-14-2015, 10:04 AM

178 posts, read 209,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRd View Post

I expected this comment and support from your cohorts after being cornered on your recent comment about the population decrease in the city area from forum member Janet.
As soon as she recieved support from other forum members on her comment you went right to work.
You should all be ashamed and acting like a bunch of slighted little boys who got their hands slapped.
Everything is not rosey in your little world fellas...wake up and smell the coffee.

Old 06-14-2015, 12:19 PM

463 posts, read 518,831 times
What exactly was wrong with his comment? My only problem with Janet is that every post of hers is negative. What is wrong with these guys taking a chance on a new business venture? you are right in saying everything is not rosy but the constant doom and gloom is no better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
View detailed profiles of: