U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-16-2015, 10:19 PM
 
515 posts, read 483,065 times
Reputation: 207

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusgametro View Post
I agree this is going to be a very nice development for columbus when it's all done with. I just don't see the big rave or the argue about a whole foods or a costco. Im just satisfied with our samsclub and our freshmarket which is a little pricey. Too me costco is a over priced wholesale and whole foods maybe the same why shop at pricey stores anyhow. Too me costco and samsclub are basically the same except costco being a little more over priced. I personally don't care that much for a costco and also it sounds like to me that costco are stricted on what cities they would put one in anyhow. Samsclub probably has more stores nationwide than costco does. Costco maybe one of them stores that may close down some of there low performing stores soon seen and how they only put them in certain locations with a higher population and better wealth.
Ya, I understand what you mean. These stores generally already only locate in high income areas, ecpecially whole foods. I don't see it as a must have in Columbus, but some posters seem to have an obsession with rumors about these stores and when and if they will come or not and starting entire threads about them, so that's why I think it has become an issue. Why not just wait for them to actually be announced instead of all this constant speculation that rarely comes to pass? That's how I see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-16-2015, 10:30 PM
 
Location: phenix city and columbus ga
124 posts, read 139,882 times
Reputation: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnd33 View Post
Ya, I understand what you mean. These stores generally already only locate in high income areas, ecpecially whole foods. I don't see it as a must have in Columbus, but some posters seem to have an obsession with rumors about these stores and when and if they will come or not and starting entire threads about them, so that's why I think it has become an issue. Why not just wait for them to actually be announced instead of all this constant speculation that rarely comes to pass? That's how I see it.
.

Yeah I agree we will have to wait and see but it's not a big deal for me. If we don't get one than we don't if we do then we do it doesn't matter to me that's just my opinion. What I want to see is a Supertarget store in columbus and a Bass proshop and maybe a Cheesecake factory and Pfchangs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2015, 03:57 AM
 
Location: Columbus,Georgia
2,663 posts, read 3,963,187 times
Reputation: 599
If Mobile can support Whole Food's with nearly the same stats as Columbus,then I know Columbus can support one too.

Mobile (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Columbus (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Too much negative energy in here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2015, 04:04 AM
 
Location: Columbus,Georgia
2,663 posts, read 3,963,187 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnd33 View Post
Ya, I understand what you mean. These stores generally already only locate in high income areas, ecpecially whole foods. I don't see it as a must have in Columbus, but some posters seem to have an obsession with rumors about these stores and when and if they will come or not and starting entire threads about them, so that's why I think it has become an issue. Why not just wait for them to actually be announced instead of all this constant speculation that rarely comes to pass? That's how I see it.
Lol.... You always hoping for false hope for Columbus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2015, 07:28 AM
 
515 posts, read 483,065 times
Reputation: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
Lol.... You always hoping for false hope for Columbus.
Right, like I'm literally so positive and stuff, I think it's literally one of my many,many,many, amazing talents. Oh how I wish that some of my logical thinking and reasoning , another one of my talents, would rub off on you. Seriously though, minus a few, Columbus posters are the poster children of false hope. Like the fact that you still believe Columbus can support a whole foods...among other things, but l lets not dig up dirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2015, 07:35 AM
 
515 posts, read 483,065 times
Reputation: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
If Mobile can support Whole Food's with nearly the same stats as Columbus,then I know Columbus can support one too.
Still no. Mobile already had a sizably larger metro and increased the gap between the two last year.
Mobile (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Columbus (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
Umm, do you have comparison stats for 2014...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
Too much negative energy in here.
Not specifically, it's more of people realizing the truth and using logic and reason, which is a very good thing.

Last edited by cnd33; 06-17-2015 at 07:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2015, 08:55 AM
 
322 posts, read 466,407 times
Reputation: 72
For the love of God - who cares? Seriously, If people in Savannah or Augusta want to post how they want this or that, do you attack them? - why do you care what people of Columbus want/say?

Could these and others come? Maybe - but I guarantee posting about it (for or against it) won't change if a project happens or not.

I don't get on the Augusta or Savannah forums much - I check out Macon because I lived there for a while - but not to be harsh, I don't care what the people say about these other 3 GA cities. I want Jobs and progress for the whole state.

But I don't get the infighting we have between us - both sides. Who really cares who's the largest 2nd city?

I don't care if Augusta has some stores or new development we do not - good for them and I hope we will one day have something similar or even better. But I don't bash either city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2015, 09:19 AM
 
515 posts, read 483,065 times
Reputation: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRd View Post
For the love of God - who cares? Seriously, If people in Savannah or Augusta want to post how they want this or that, do you attack them? - why do you care what people of Columbus want/say?

Could these and others come? Maybe - but I guarantee posting about it (for or against it) won't change if a project happens or not.

I don't get on the Augusta or Savannah forums much - I check out Macon because I lived there for a while - but not to be harsh, I don't care what the people say about these other 3 GA cities. I want Jobs and progress for the whole state.

But I don't get the infighting we have between us - both sides. Who really cares who's the largest 2nd city?

I don't care if Augusta has some stores or new development we do not - good for them and I hope we will one day have something similar or even better. But I don't bash either city.
Well, neither of those cities have full out rumor threads and threads about rumored stores, so that usually wouldn't even be an issue, but if someone were to say something that didn't make sense on any forum multiple times, something needs to be said. I guarantee that starting long rumor threads and making bold statements with no evidence to back it up will not bring stores to Columbus, see other threads for evidence. Who said anything about the 2nd largest city or Savannah? Only you. No one said anything about Augusta's stores and development either. If anything, you are taking the thread farther off topic. Majority of the people who disagree with anything said by some choice Columbus posters are considered bashers, when it is apparent to mang that these people frequently make outlandish and ridiculous statements, and then get offended when their statements are disproven by others. This is also a public forum, so no one had to stick to one subforum, they can post anywhere they feel they need to. If you don't, that's your choice, but please do make it seem like theirs anything wrong with people who do. I have nothing against Columbus, it's a really nice city, but I will say something when people make crazy assumptions and try to push them off as fact when they are clearly not.

Last edited by cnd33; 06-17-2015 at 09:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2015, 09:37 AM
 
Location: Columbus,Georgia
2,663 posts, read 3,963,187 times
Reputation: 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnd33 View Post
Still no. Mobile already had a sizably larger metro and increased the gap between the two last year.
Mobile (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Columbus (city) QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
Umm, do you have comparison stats for 2014...


Not specifically, it's more of people realizing the truth and using logic and reason, which is a very good thing.


Quote:
Mobile already had a sizably larger metro and increased the gap between the two last year.
So now it's about the metro pop?


Quote:
Not specifically, it's more of people realizing the truth and using logic and reason, which is a very good thing
Who telling the truth? No sir,opinions are far from the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2015, 09:53 AM
 
515 posts, read 483,065 times
Reputation: 207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
So now it's about the metro pop?

It's a factor, one of many, always has been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
Who telling the truth? No sir,opinions are far from the truth.
Still the people who are using logic and saying that Columbus can't support a whole foods. It's no big deal, it just can't. If you would like to provide valid evidence like the targeted demographic and what not to try to disprove, you are free to. If you can't, it will stand as fact that Columbus can't, otherwise there would be one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:29 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top