U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 10:06 AM

59 posts, read 56,074 times

Advertisements

Columbus can't support a Whole Foods, point blank, lets move one. It was already said my many others a few pages back, why is there still a debate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2015, 01:28 PM

124 posts, read 139,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRd View Post
For the love of God - who cares? Seriously, If people in Savannah or Augusta want to post how they want this or that, do you attack them? - why do you care what people of Columbus want/say?

Could these and others come? Maybe - but I guarantee posting about it (for or against it) won't change if a project happens or not.

I don't get on the Augusta or Savannah forums much - I check out Macon because I lived there for a while - but not to be harsh, I don't care what the people say about these other 3 GA cities. I want Jobs and progress for the whole state.

But I don't get the infighting we have between us - both sides. Who really cares who's the largest 2nd city?

I don't care if Augusta has some stores or new development we do not - good for them and I hope we will one day have something similar or even better. But I don't bash either city.

I agree these people on here need to grow and act there age. Us second tier cities should be supporting one another not bashing one another.

Old 06-17-2015, 03:20 PM

2,663 posts, read 3,957,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnd33 View Post
It's a factor, one of many, always has been.

Still the people who are using logic and saying that Columbus can't support a whole foods. It's no big deal, it just can't. If you would like to provide valid evidence like the targeted demographic and what not to try to disprove, you are free to. If you can't, it will stand as fact that Columbus can't, otherwise there would be one.

Quote:
It's a factor, one of many, always has been.
Wayment! At first it was because Columbus median income to low. Now it's because Columbus metro pop to low.

Quote:
Still the people who are using logic and saying that Columbus can't support a whole foods. It's no big deal, it just can't. If you would like to provide valid evidence like the targeted demographic and what not to try to disprove, you are free to. If you can't, it will stand as fact that Columbus can't, otherwise there would be one.
If you feel like your opinion is a fact,then why you continue to dispute it with us?

Old 06-17-2015, 03:26 PM

515 posts, read 482,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbuskidd92 View Post
Wayment! At first it was because Columbus median income to low. Now it's because Columbus metro pop to low.
Well those are both factors so...

Quote:
If you feel like your opinion is a fact,then why you continue to dispute it with us?
Because you stated that opinions are far from the truth when you had just stated a bold opinion, and for that opinion to be factual, you would have had to provide evidence of it.

Old 06-18-2015, 09:01 AM

59 posts, read 56,074 times
Does anyone know the estimated building cost for this project once it's totally complete?

Old 12-02-2015, 07:18 AM

30 posts, read 30,106 times

Looking good so far.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:22 AM

346 posts, read 341,304 times
Quote:
Costco finally coming!
Fingers still crossed....

Old 12-02-2015, 12:51 PM

815 posts, read 615,735 times
That looks really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing what the retail portion will bring.

Hopefully we will hear something soon with Costco too.

Old 12-02-2015, 03:30 PM

4,133 posts, read 5,978,240 times
It's definitely coming along nicely. The retail portion is what I want most.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:13 PM

906 posts, read 970,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
It's definitely coming along nicely. The retail portion is what I want most.
They're currently all sitting un-finished and no additional work being done on them currently. They need to fast track the retail to bring some life to the area. Houses are a slow sell, especially at $450-$600k range. More apartments and retail will get it moving more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or