Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2015, 06:29 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,163,638 times

Advertisements

Glad to so many positive changes occurring in Phenix City's downtown.....
Troy University campus sparks growth for Phenix City riverfront | Business | Columbus Ledger Enquirer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 10:57 AM

124 posts, read 206,499 times
Me too I live in phenix city and am so glad so many positive things are happening in downtown Phenix city. This is a nice start for Phenix city. I really hope the brickyard project still happens too. Students will begin attending this downtown campus in august. Now phenix city needs to pay the funding too have the uptown pawn and jewerly store relocated to a different area because this land is valueable and can be used for future development.

Last edited by columbusgametro; 06-21-2015 at 11:07 AM..

Old 07-04-2015, 01:22 PM

38 posts, read 49,173 times
Something bigger can happen but not until those projects behind it are gone.

Old 07-04-2015, 07:10 PM

Here is what phenix city needs to do too further improve the riverfront district. The uptown pawn and jewerly store needs to be relocated someplace else it's now becoming an eyesore for this area. Phenix city needs to bring real fine and dine eat inn white table cloth restraunt's to the downtown area because the food trucks are not going to cut it really much long. Phenix city needs to extend the riverwalk further northward. And last please remodel and rehab some of the old neighborhoods area's of downtown these homes are very old and are drug infested and patch and fixed and repave the pot holes in the road. I live in phenix city near downtown and there is a lot of old homes in the downtown area. The downtown residental area is the oldest part of phenix city and was the first born and the heart of the city well was known back then as sin city.

Last edited by columbusgametro; 07-04-2015 at 07:26 PM..

Old 07-05-2015, 09:32 PM

322 posts, read 603,095 times
The city can't force a business to move - there's a fine line when it comes to eminent domain, and those projects don't work. The city has tried very hard to buy certain lots and or encourage further growth. But that's a prime lot and the pawn guy won't give it up easily.

Give it time - the private sector will bring change

Old 07-06-2015, 01:20 PM

38 posts, read 49,173 times
The real prime lot is the shopping center. But of course,that won't be torn down anytime soon.

Old 07-06-2015, 08:39 PM

Good news third avenue in phenix city in the future will be known as whitewater avenue today july 6,2015 just begin on the streetscape project that will transform this street. How do i know this is because i tryed to go down the road infront of the hotel today and it was blocked off and I had too take a detour.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:24 AM

5,616 posts, read 8,650,170 times
Cool thing is they will expand the building in the next couple of years. Should look really good at full buildout.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
View detailed profiles of: