Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2016, 07:31 PM

4 posts, read 7,564 times

Advertisements

Columbus seriously needs to change its culture to be taken seriously as a real city.

Columbus is just plain, repressed, pasteurized, and boring.

Columbus is conservative and religious to such an extreme that even the more conservative suburbs of Atlanta seem like San Francisco compared to Columbus.

Very cliquish people.

Very few young professionals.

Anyone past their late teens/ early 20s who's single with no kids is in a very slim minority.

Lack of white collar jobs.

Redneck/ghetto mentality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 08:38 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,652,074 times
Same person with two names.....

Old 01-27-2016, 02:27 PM

23 posts, read 25,422 times
If it's not too personal, may I ask what part of the nation you are from?

Old 01-28-2016, 07:10 AM

201 posts, read 350,465 times
Why do people come on here and criticize our area? There are far more white collar jobs available than blue collar jobs. I just posted a bunch on Muscogee County Jobs. Columbus & surrounding areas is definitely not like Atlanta and that is fine with me. Also, it isn't that far to drive to Atlanta if you want to associate with other people.

There are plenty of Liberals and Atheists in our area. Check on facebook...the news sites are a good start. Maybe you just don't know how to reach out to others. I know there is a bar in Uptown Columbus owned by an atheist/liberal and he would consider himself a professional. I see his posts criticizing Christianity on a regular basis and he definitely #feelstheburn like you. You can also start a connect group on facebook for Liberal-Atheist White Collar People. That would be a great way to find friends that have a similar interest.

Old 01-28-2016, 10:36 AM

4,582 posts, read 8,972,542 times
Two words: TROLL. POST.

Old 02-05-2016, 05:49 PM

4,757 posts, read 3,365,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by feelthebern123 View Post
Columbus seriously needs to change its culture to be taken seriously as a real city.

Columbus is just plain, repressed, pasteurized, and boring.

Columbus is conservative and religious to such an extreme that even the more conservative suburbs of Atlanta seem like San Francisco compared to Columbus.

Very cliquish people.

Very few young professionals.

Anyone past their late teens/ early 20s who's single with no kids is in a very slim minority.

Lack of white collar jobs.

Redneck/ghetto mentality.

Have you tried networking (this goes for friends/work)? If you have and no results, have you considered moving to the Atlanta metro area? You will find it much easier to meet people your age. For all we know, a lot of young people in Columbus feel the same way and move (I don't know). I met a few people in university who were from Columbus. I don't know if they were just there for school and/or if they planned to stay in the metro. You sound very unhappy there...maybe it's time you make plans to move.

P.S.-You may find a lot more people in Atlanta, who like you, feel the Bern!!! I feel so cheesy saying that but I couldn't help myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA