Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2018, 11:54 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,163,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Can you explain what the project is and when is it expected to be completed?

For us, it’s a multi-phase, multi-year project. If you step back and look at the project as a whole, it will include two multifamily projects, the Rapids being the first of those. There will be an office component, ideally a hotel component and then a significant amount of retail--from small clothing stores and restaurants to a grocery store.

The Rapids itself will have both a restaurant and shop space. It is the first component of the project; containing 226 residences with restaurant properties overlooking the river walk. The beauty of the master plan is that all four of our buildings center around what we call Legacy Park. The public park will center around the components and directly connect to the Riverwalk. It is essentially a green space that is opened for the public. Our goal is to tie Uptown, Front Avenue, and Broadway to the Riverwalk.

What kinds of shops and restaurants can people expect to enjoy when the project is completed?

We don’t have any tenants signed up yet. But ideally, it’ll be a healthy mix of national and local retailers and restaurateurs. Columbus has a young but growing restaurant scene that can be tapped into. My preference for the grocery store wouldn’t be a huge chain, because they wouldn’t fit in the space we have. It would be more ideal to have a smaller grocery store that has a boutique, market style.

How will the new Riverfront estate effect downtown Columbus?

The short answer is that we hope it effects Columbus significantly. We at W.C. Bradley are in a fortunate position because we own a lot of real estate downtown. We don’t expect to be and know we can’t be the sole driver of the growth of downtown. Our hope is that our projects foster the development of that growth. Even in my short time here, I’ve seen a ton of movement in the properties downtown. We’re seeing more national retailers, such as Barberitos and Kilwins. Our hope is that our belief and commitment to downtown gives other companies the confidence to also invest in the area.
https://soviewsmag.squarespace.com/i...15/pace-halter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 12:53 AM

197 posts, read 204,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
I must admit, i'm actually impressed by this development.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:16 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethalhipster9 View Post
I must admit, i'm actually impressed by this development.
I must admit that I'm impressed that you say that! There's hope...

Old 04-22-2018, 10:46 AM

Old 04-22-2018, 12:38 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,903,744 times
NICE pic! Thanks for sharing!

Old 05-09-2018, 11:27 AM

Old 05-14-2018, 06:43 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,650,170 times
Great pic of this project.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mml3nQiUc_A

Old 05-26-2018, 06:10 AM

1,054 posts, read 881,340 times
The Rapids is such an exciting development and the drone perspective is great. It's going to be similar to how Inman Park, Atlanta was transformed several years ago by a large, multi phase mixed-use project, only in a cooler setting right by the river.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayHey View Post
The Rapids is such an exciting development and the drone perspective is great. It's going to be similar to how Inman Park, Atlanta was transformed several years ago by a large, multi phase mixed-use project, only in a cooler setting right by the river.
The rapids project will change the way we look at Columbus. Since we're on the topic of development,I heard during the recent council budget meeting,the Liberty District has been turn over to a developer. That's another long awaited project.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA