Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2017, 06:58 PM

297 posts, read 259,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1984 View Post
Height restrictions can be changed. Columbus needs fresh new minds to take this city to the next level. We are on the right path but the old way of thinking has got to go. This project is a chance to bring Columbus to the next level when it comes to building construction.
I completely agree with you; I am hoping they make all of the right decisions with this project.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2017, 02:46 AM

2,250 posts, read 2,160,062 times
Our neighbors doesn't seem to happy about this.

https://www.facebook.com/wtvmnewslea...type=3&theater

I will say this much,something seems fishy about those numbers that came out the Mayors office.

Old 12-14-2017, 07:11 AM

297 posts, read 259,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountain-of-youth View Post
Our neighbors doesn't seem to happy about this.

https://www.facebook.com/wtvmnewslea...type=3&theater

I will say this much,something seems fishy about those numbers that came out the Mayors office.
Oh wow, our constituents are not happy about this at all. I actually would vote in favor if they went with the right design supported by reasonable numbers. But all together it seems highly unpopular according to what I just saw on the link.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:09 AM

85 posts, read 64,319 times
Busted water main shuts down Columbus Government Center | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

We need to get the government center redeveloped sooner than later. The city is constantly spending money on problems that building seems to have. From heating issues, power outages, water pipes bursting, and many other problems. Hopefully, the city leaders are still thinking about funding opportunities for the project and hopefully its soon.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusga youngster View Post
Busted water main shuts down Columbus Government Center | Columbus Ledger-Enquirer

We need to get the government center redeveloped sooner than later. The city is constantly spending money on problems that building seems to have. From heating issues, power outages, water pipes bursting, and many other problems. Hopefully, the city leaders are still thinking about funding opportunities for the project and hopefully its soon.
Well they might as well have everything fix "one by one" because I don't see a penny sales tax for the government center.

Old 06-18-2018, 08:08 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,644,714 times
Maybe this is the catalyst to move forward with a new building or a couple of new buildings

Old 08-29-2018, 04:09 PM

The mayor wants to use bond money to fund renovations or construction to build a new government center building. Every one on council disagreed with her plan.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:52 PM

463 posts, read 519,131 times
I don’t think they disagreed. They want the city manager to bring back a plan of action to get the ball rolling. I agree with the mayor. It shouldn’t take 6 -8 years to get a new government center. It’s also insane to spend 6 million dollars on repairs when the building essentially needs to be demolished. I know some people are fixated on keeping that building but it has outlived its usefulness. A new building is the best way to go and bonds are the fastest way to get started. Sooner or later someone is going to get seriously injured or killed in that building if we continue the way we’re going.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofagun112 View Post
I don’t think they disagreed. They want the city manager to bring back a plan of action to get the ball rolling. I agree with the mayor. It shouldn’t take 6 -8 years to get a new government center. It’s also insane to spend 6 million dollars on repairs when the building essentially needs to be demolished. I know some people are fixated on keeping that building but it has outlived its usefulness. A new building is the best way to go and bonds are the fastest way to get started. Sooner or later someone is going to get seriously injured or killed in that building if we continue the way we’re going.
Actually that 6-8 years involves planning,collecting money and the completion of the project.The Government Center was planned in 1967,construction started 1969 and completed 1973. So the city manager is correct regarding that. The mayor plan would further put this city in debt.Honestly,bond money or splost money, it's going take over 5 years for this project.

Old 08-29-2018, 05:40 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,901,991 times
Interesting exercise, BUT does anybody (that counts) really care about what WE think??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA