Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2019, 02:55 PM

176 posts, read 156,925 times

Advertisements

The site is massive. I really hope they bring some new retailers not in the Columbus market to the development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2019, 03:02 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,159,185 times
Senior Living and Parking,parking and parking. So don't get too excited because the site appears to be massive. The grocery anchor will probably be 100k square ft,while the rest of development is between 200k-300k square ft.

Old 03-24-2019, 05:36 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,901,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus1999 View Post
The site is massive. I really hope they bring some new retailers not in the Columbus market to the development.
My Mom & I took advantage of today's beautiful weather and toured the beautiful Columbus Botanical Garden! While there, we stopped and spoke to another couple there. I casually mentioned that this is Columbus' best kept secret!! They said they're from Auburn. I said spread the word in Auburn!!
They said they would. I said I don't understand why Auburn folks go to Montgomery when Columbus is a lot closer and has a nicer downtown. She said the only reason they go to Montgomery is to shop at Costco. Hint Hint!!

Old 03-24-2019, 05:59 PM

427 posts, read 549,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
My Mom & I took advantage of today's beautiful weather and toured the beautiful Columbus Botanical Garden! While there, we stopped and spoke to another couple there. I casually mentioned that this is Columbus' best kept secret!! They said they're from Auburn. I said spread the word in Auburn!!
They said they would. I said I don't understand why Auburn folks go to Montgomery when Columbus is a lot closer and has a nicer downtown. She said the only reason they go to Montgomery is to shop at Costco. Hint Hint!!
Costco themselves told ME in 2017 they are not coming here. One of their developers of Midland Commons has also told me (also in 2017) that Costco is not interested in Columbus. I know a lot of people think this may still happen, but a lot of people also think that Elvis is still alive too soooo lol

Could Costco have flipped the script and changed their mind? I guess it is POSSIBLE if everyone played their cards right, but it is not likely. Unless they CLOSED Montgomery and opened a location in Columbus?? Nah.....

Old 03-24-2019, 08:02 PM

3,408 posts, read 1,901,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2belds97 View Post
Costco themselves told ME in 2017 they are not coming here. One of their developers of Midland Commons has also told me (also in 2017) that Costco is not interested in Columbus. I know a lot of people think this may still happen, but a lot of people also think that Elvis is still alive too soooo lol

Could Costco have flipped the script and changed their mind? I guess it is POSSIBLE if everyone played their cards right, but it is not likely. Unless they CLOSED Montgomery and opened a location in Columbus?? Nah.....
Well it is what it is. Anybody heard anything new on BJ's coming here?

Old 03-25-2019, 06:12 AM

967 posts, read 1,071,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Well it is what it is. Anybody heard anything new on BJ's coming here?
I haven't heard anything recently, but that's my bet for the big box store at Midland Commons. I think that would make the most sense from the possibilities I could think of.

Old 03-25-2019, 06:32 AM

161 posts, read 170,277 times
Since they went out to bid they must of had some strong intentions of building. I am guessing since we have not heard anything in over a year Deal is dead.
Here is the link to the BID request.
Online Plan Room | LDI Line
Online Plan Room | LDI Line

Read more: BJ’s Wholesale

Old 03-25-2019, 07:49 AM

1,054 posts, read 880,131 times
I could see them scraping the Sears building deal in favor of a location at Midland Commons. It never made much sense to me to locate basically a stone's throw away from Sam's.

Old 04-12-2019, 08:26 PM

42 posts, read 75,374 times
Has anyone heard any updates lately?

Old 04-13-2019, 05:52 AM

161 posts, read 170,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by utvoldoc View Post
Has anyone heard any updates lately?
I would not expect any meaningful updates until they start building construction which is still many months away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA